2012 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards for Oracle Exalogic
By Sanjeev Sharma on Oct 15, 2012
Companies from around the world were honored for their innovative solutions using Oracle Fusion Middleware. This year’s 27 award winners, representing 11 countries and a wide span of industries, wowed the judges with a range of projects across eight product categories. 4 awards were given out to customers who demonstrated innovative application of Oracle Exalogic for their mission-critical applications.
Below is an overview of the 4 businesses that won the Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Award for Oracle Exalogic this year.
About: Leading online retailer of sporting goods in Latin America.
- Rapid business growth resulted in frequent outages and poor response-time of online store-front
- Conventional ad-hoc approach to horizontal scaling resulted in high CAPEX and OPEX
- Poor performance and unavailability of online store-front resulted in revenue loss from purchase abandonment
Consolidated ATG Commerce and Oracle WebLogic running on Oracle Exalogic.
Reduced abandonment rates resulting in a two-digit increase in online conversion rates translating directly into revenue up-lift
About: Leading communications services provider in Latin America.
- Support business growth over the next 3 - 5 years while maximizing re-use of existing middleware and application investments with minimal effort and risk
Consolidated Oracle Fusion Middleware components (Oracle WebLogic, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Tuxedo) and JAVA applications onto Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata.
Improved partner SLA’s 7x while improving throughput 5X and response-time 35x for JAVA applications
About: Leading safety testing and certification organization in the world.
- Transition from being a non-profit to a profit oriented enterprise and grow from a $1B to $5B in annual revenues in the next 5 years
- Undertake a massive business transformation by aligning change strategy with execution
Consolidated Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite, Siebel, BI, Hyperion) and Oracle Fusion Middleware (AIA, SOA Suite) on Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata
Reduced financial and operating risk in re-architecting IT services to support new business capabilities supporting 87,000 manufacturers
Company: Ingersoll Rand
About: Leading manufacturer of industrial, climate, residential and security solutions.
- Business continuity risks due to complexity in enforcing consistent operational and financial controls;
- Re-active business decisions reduced ability to offer differentiation and compete
Consolidated Oracle E-business Suite on Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata
Service differentiation with faster order provisioning and a shorter lead-to-cash cycle translating into higher customer satisfaction and quicker cash-conversion
Check out the winners of the Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation awards in other categories here.