Tuesday Apr 08, 2014
Wednesday Oct 16, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Oct 16, 2013
This webcast is now available on-demand:
Corporation - Worldwide Headquarters, 500 Oracle
Parkway, OPL - E-mail Services, Redwood Shores, CA
94065, United States
Friday Oct 04, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Oct 04, 2013
Oracle OpenWorld: General Session with Andy Mendelsohn—Oracle Database 12c
Andy Mendelsohn, senior vice president of database server technologies, lead the general session devoted to Oracle Database 12c—including a preview of what’s on the database horizon.
Monday Sep 30, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Sep 30, 2013
Thanks very much to all of you who attended the different activities of the Partner Community during Oracle Openworld.
On Sunday we started with the EMEA Engineered Systems dinner, where the participants had the opportunity to network with customers and other partners in a casual and friendly atmosphere.
On Tuesday, during the Partner Community session for Exa and Manageability we had a group of high level panelists responding to very interesting questions and comments from the audience. Your comments and opinions will surely help to better engage between you as partners and the Oracle sales and services groups at the field level.
In addition, the Engineered Systems breakfast series on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, constituted a great opportunity to interact with customers and other partners over an early 6:30 am breakfast, but also to listen to the key persons from Product Management providing the latest information and market opportunities around the different Engineered Systems areas (Exadata, Exalogic, Big Data).
And of course, all the different announcements, keynotes and sessions in the Openworld agenda. More on all the new announcements in a following post!
Friday Sep 13, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Sep 13, 2013
Tuesday Sep 10, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Sep 10, 2013
Tuesday 24th September, 2013 at 12:00 pm (duration one hour) - Hotel Marriott Marquis, Room Foothill G, 780 Mission Street, San Francisco
In the context of the Oracle Partner Exchange (Session CON11029), the partner community session this year will take place in a panel format with Oracle executives with direct responsibility for the Engineered Systems and Manageability businesses in EMEA.
- Hans-Peter Kipfer, VP Engineered Systems, Oracle EMEA
- Alistair Hopkins, VP, Sales & Strategy, Technology Solutions, Alliances & Channels, Oracle EMEA
- Jean-Pierre van Tiggelen, Head of Manageability Products, Oracle EMEA
- Javier Cabrerizo, VP, Business Development, Database & Exadata, Oracle
Topics to be discussed include:
- Priorities for FY14 in Engineered Systems and Manageability in EMEA
- Top requests and demands by partners to grow their business around Engineered Systems and Manageability
- Capturing the cross-stack manageability opportunity
- Helping partners generate demand
- When and how to adopt Oracle Database 12c in current Exadata customers
EMEA Engineered Systems Breakfast Seminars
(Partners are welcome to attend these customer sessions)
Hosted by EMEA Engineered Systems these sessions intend to show customers how Oracle Engineered Systems can help them to accelerate their Consolidation Strategy, why they are the best Application Platform and what’s next in Big Data.
Monday, September 23, 2013, 6:30 – 7:45 am - Hotel Nikko San Francisco, 222 Mason Street
Consolidation: How can Engineered Systems help you to implement your consolidation strategy?
Speaker: Javier Cabrerizo, VP Business Development Exadata and Database
Host: Diana Fernandez,
Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 6:30 – 7:45 am - Hotel Nikko San Francisco, 222 Mason Street
Engineered Systems: the logical choice for running your Enterprise Applications
Speaker: Nishit Rao, Sr. Director of Product Management, Oracle Exalogic
Host: Luis Ganhao
Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 6:30 – 7:45 am - Hotel Nikko San Francisco, 222 Mason Street
Big Data: What’s next?
Speaker: Martin Gubar, Director of Product Management, Big Data, Oracle
Host: Dario Wiser
More info and registration here
Oracle Openworld Sessions
For each of the areas indicated below find all the sessions that may be of interest for you in the "Focus on..." documents:
Focus on Exadata
Focus on Oracle Database 12c
Focus On Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
Focus on Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c: Database Management
Focus on Exalogic
Focus on SuperCluster
Focus on Engineered Systems
Focus on Business Analyticis (incl. Exalytics & Big Data)
Focus on Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance
(See all "Focus on..." documents.)
Monday May 27, 2013
By Javier Puerta on May 27, 2013
During the last three years we have run an Exadata Partner Community session in San Francisco during the week of Oracle Openworld. I am happy to inform that in 2013 this session will be included within the framework of the Oracle Partner Exchange. In this way partners presenting their Exadata experiences will benefit from a wider audience with the sessions open to partners from all over the world, and we will then have a session focusing specifically on joint go-to-market in EMEA.
Registration for Oracle Partner Exchange is already open. Register now to get early-registration benefits!
ORACLE PARTNERNETWORK EXCHANGE @ OPENWORLD SAN FRANCISCO
Early bird registration period is in effect through July 19!
Monday May 13, 2013
By Javier Puerta on May 13, 2013
Tuesday May 07, 2013
Friday Mar 15, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Mar 15, 2013
Oracle OpenWorld is just around the corner! Sunday, September 22, 2013–Thursday, September 26, 2013 in San Francisco
Do you have something interesting to present to the world’s largest gathering of Oracle technologists and business leaders? Are you helping customers innovate with Oracle Exadata? You can submit proposals NOW for a chance to share your expertise at one of the most important technology and business conferences of the year.
The call closes Friday, April 12, 11:59 p.m. PDT
Tuesday Oct 16, 2012
By Javier Puerta on Oct 16, 2012
By Javier Puerta on Oct 16, 2012
Thanks to all of you who participated at the Exadata & Manageability Partner Community session that we ran during Oracle Openworld in San Francisco. Very special thanks to the partner speakers who shared their experiences with the rest of the community!
On October 1st we held a new session of the Exadata & Manageability Partner Community in San Francisco. Thanks to all of you who participated in the event and very especially to the partner speakers who shares their experiences with the rest of the community: Francisco Bermúdez (Capgemini Spain), Dmitry Krasilov (Nvision, Russia) and Miguel Alves (WeDo Technologies, Portugal)
The slide decks used in the presentations are now available for download at the Exadata Partner Community Collaborative Workspace (for community members only - if you get an error message, please register for the Community first).
In a few weeks we will be announcing the location for the next Community event in the spring timeframe.
Wednesday Oct 03, 2012
By Javier Puerta on Oct 03, 2012
Oracle Press Release
Fourth Generation Exadata X3 Systems are Ideal for High-End OLTP, Large Data Warehouses, and Database Clouds; Eighth-Rack Configuration Offers New Low-Cost Entry Point
- During his opening keynote address at Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison announced the Oracle Exadata X3 Database In-Memory Machine - the latest generation of its Oracle Exadata Database Machines.
- The Oracle Exadata X3 Database In-Memory Machine is a key component of the Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Exadata X3-2 Database In-Memory Machine and Oracle Exadata X3-8 Database In-Memory Machine can store up to hundreds of Terabytes of compressed user data in Flash and RAM memory, virtually eliminating the performance overhead of reads and writes to slow disk drives, making Exadata X3 systems the ideal database platforms for the varied and unpredictable workloads of cloud computing.
- In order to realize the highest performance at the lowest cost, the Oracle Exadata X3 Database In-Memory Machine implements a mass memory hierarchy that automatically moves all active data into Flash and RAM memory, while keeping less active data on low-cost disks.
- With a new Eighth-Rack configuration, the Oracle Exadata X3-2 Database In-Memory Machine delivers a cost-effective entry point for smaller workloads, testing, development and disaster recovery systems, and is a fully redundant system that can be used with mission critical applications.
Detailed info at Oracle Exadata Database Machine
Monday Sep 17, 2012
By Javier Puerta on Sep 17, 2012
A large number of sessions focusing on Exadata will be taking place during the week of Oracle Openworld in San Francisco. To help you organize your schedule I am including below a list of sessions and events around Exadata that you will find of interest.
PARTNER SPECIFIC SESSIONS
|Sunday, Sep 30, 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM - Moscone South - 301||
This session kicks off a week-long session on Oracle’s engineered systems, from Oracle Database Appliance to Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Exalytics, Oracle Big Data Appliance, and Oracle SPARC SuperCluster. Hear about what is to come in the week ahead in terms of engineered systems. As an ideal consolidation platform for database workloads, Oracle Exadata generates significant services opportunities. This session reviews the range of partner-led services that support Oracle Exadata deployments.
Monday, October 1st, 2011
at 15:30 - 18:00 PST
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
345 Stockton Street,
(It is a 15 minute walk from OOW Moscone Center. See directions here)
|Exadata & Manageability EMEA Partner Community Forum.-
Listen to other partners share their experiences in selling and implementing Exadata and Manageability projects, and have a direct dialogue with some of the Oracle executives that are driving the strategy of the company in these areas.
To confirm your participation send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Wednesday, Oct 3, 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM - Marriott Marquis - Golden Gate B||
As an ideal consolidation platform for database workloads, Oracle’s Exadata Database Machine generates significant services opportunities. In this session, learn about the range of partner-led services that support Exadata Database Machine deployments.
|Other Engineered Systems sessions for Partners at the Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange|
OOW CUSTOMER SESSIONS
|Download the Focus On Exadata guide for a full list of Exadata OOW sessions.|
Tuesday Sep 11, 2012
By Javier Puerta on Sep 11, 2012
Oracle Corporation - Worldwide Headquarters, 500 Oracle Parkway, OPL - E-mail Services, Redwood Shores, CA 94065, United States
- Forrester report: The combined benefits of Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic
- New Exadata and Exalytics Public References
- Whitepapers - Engineereed Systems for Siebel, Peoplesoft, eBusiness Suite
- Top Exastack ISV Headlines: Calypso, Symphony EYC
- Presentations and photos from the Prague Partner Community Forum now available
- Database Insider - April 2014 issue now available
- New analyst report: DCIG reports on Storage
- Live OPN PartnerCast: Solving The Data Growth Problem - April 16
- Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne planning has begun!
- Exastack ISV headlines