Monsanto develops better seeds for better crops with Oracle Exadata and the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Apr 18, 2012
High-capacity and high-performance engineered information systems enable organizations to handle more data and process it faster than ever before. Below are a few of the gains realized by Monsanto by using Oracle Exadata.
- Monsanto consolidated four major R&D databases and 75% of its data to the Oracle Exadata platform. During the next phase of the project, wrapping up in early 2012, Monsanto will migrate 18 smaller databases that represent the remaining 25% of the data.
- Monsanto’s researchers used to wait as long as 36 hours for the results from field experiments. Now with Oracle Exadata they’ve cut the turnaround time in half.
- Monsanto’s Oracle Exadata platform revealed significant performance gains for 90 to 95% of SQL queries.