Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
This paper provides MAA best practices for Database Consolidation using Oracle Multitenant.
It describes standard HA architectures that are the foundation for DBaaS. It is most appropriate for a technical audience: Architects, Directors of IT and Database Administrators responsible for the consolidation and migration of traditional database deployments to DBaaS.
Recommended best practices are equally relevant to any platform supported by Oracle Database except where explicitly noted as being an optimization or an example that applies only to Oracle Engineered systems.
- Database Insider - May 2015 issue now available
- On Demand webcast: Managing Private Database Cloud Services with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- On Demand webcast: Best Practices for Migrating On-Premises Databases to the Cloud
- New Engineered Systems Public References
- Top Exastack headlines: SAS
- Registration for Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is officially open
- Capgemini whitepaper: Oracle Exalogic-based Big Data strategy
- Harvard Business Review: Cloud Computing Comes of Age
- New whitepaper: Accelerate the Journey to Enterprise Cloud with Oracle Database 12c, April 2015
- RWE Deutschland Gains Ability to Process 2.3 Billion Smart Meter Readouts in Under 24 Hours with Engineered Systems