With this post a small first note on applying Exadata Bundle Patches using Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g.
Did you know:
- Exadata BP's can be applied in a rolling fashion using Grid Control comparable to 'opatch auto'
- The patching procedure always updates Opatch to the latest version automatically
- To some extend conflicts are checked to prevent you from problems using patching
- Before applying a patch you could run 'analyze' only and verify if the BP patch can be applied.
- When a SQL script has to run as part of the BP, that's also taken care off
Interested ? Here some resources to help you forward:
More important, check first for required patches and what BP's are tested:
- Grid Control OMS and Agent Patches required for setting up Provisioning, Patching and Cloning (Doc ID 427577.1)
- Patch Oracle Exadata Database Machine via Oracle Enterprise Manager 11gR1 (220.127.116.11) (Doc ID 1265998.1)
- Patch Requirements for Setting up Monitoring and Administration for Exadata (Doc ID 1323298.1)
Still, there's only one single source of truth when it comes to which patches are recommended for Exadata:
- Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server 11g Release 2 (11.2) Supported Versions (ID 888828.1)
A small demo of a comparable 'RAC Rolling patch' can be found on OTN: