Summer is my favorite time of the year as it gives us the time necessary to enhance the partner tools and release new versions. This is why my colleagues had work hard in the past 2 weeks to update our picklist templates with the latest hardware products. These templates are a gold mine when you need a starting point in building a offer to the customer and you are not sure how to put together an optimal configuration.
If you are a first time user of our picklist templates below is everything you need to know about them:
The Picklist provides Oracle partners an easy and fast overview
across the Server, Storage, Tape and Engineered Systems portfolio with some well balanced
configurations. With the included Building block template name, you can
use these blocks in an OPS (Oracle Partner Store) cart or reference
these configs when requesting a quote from your VAD. This speeds up the
quoting process and reduces errors when communicating configurations
between teams and functions. Also the reduced number of variants that
are offered and purchased by our customers.
Here some facts about the picklist configurations:
· Use the configs to standardize the purchased products of your
customer. Or use them as a starting point for recommendations for shopping
· Most configs are available in 3 variations.(Small, medium, large)
· The picklist will be updated on a regulary basis. Please use
always the highest version number of the picklist.
· The configs are prepared by our architects and are reviewed by the
· All configurations have a unique SHORTNAME and can be imported in
OPS via their configuration-ID.
· There be NO changes to configurations, changes will always create
a new SHORTNAME
· Use these configs especially to communicate. Try to standardize
your customer offerings. Use them when working with Oracle and when working
with the Quoting Teams of your VAD. As all teams are using the same content
there is little room for confusion and errors.
Reasons to use Picklists:
· Speed-Up the Quoting process
· Reduce errors when communicating configurations between teams and
· Reduce number of variants that are offered and purchased by our
· Be more precise when communicating about machines, as the complete
machine is described with only very few and precise information
· Reduce # of wrong configurations
· Can be used as building blocks in reference Architectures whenever
All configs are regional dependent. Don't forget to add the country
specific information to the SHORTNAME, because there are
country-specific parts like power-cords.
Feel free to request enhancements to the configurations if you miss something.
PS: if you cannot access the links than you will need to complete
this one-time registration