By user13342361 on Jul 07, 2007
Thanks to Chris Wang, Compiz's extra plugins are available on solaris x86.
Note : you may experience some weird
behaviours, even crashes with these third party plugins are not all well tested.
burn transition effect from the animation plugin
To install the packages on Solaris x86 you have 3 options :
1) Use the following install script to install compiz and the extra plugin all in one go.
2) Download only the extra plugins as precompiled packages for solaris x86 and install them with pkgadd (useful is you already have compiz installed).
3) Compile the package yourself from the spec-file-extra repository. The package name is SFEcompiz-extra.
See my previous blog entry for instructions on how to run compiz.
The extra-plugins packages contain around 20 compiz plugins. The plugins enabled by default are :
- Animation. It provides a lot of funky transition effects between different window
states (creation, minimize, destroy, etc).
- Ring. I provides an alternate 3D circular task switcher. Use the keyboard shortcut Mod4+tab (Mod4 = diamond key on Sun's keyboard) to see it.
- Thumbnail. It provides a live thumbnail of the minimized apps in the taskbar.
- Trailfocus. opacify and make translucent non focused windows.
You can enable and play with the other plugins via the compiz settings manager (gnome menu->preferences->Compiz Settings Manager).