By EricReid-Oracle on Jul 26, 2012
Some very hard-working folks in my organization, Oracle Systems ISV Engineering, have just released a new version of the Solaris Pre-Flight App Checker. You can get it for free from the Solaris Download Page.
As with the original release, this tool is the single easiest way to check your application for Solaris 11 compatibility issues while still running on Solaris 10. This latest release incorporates several improvements:
1. Fully globalized product, currently with support for English, Simplified Chinese and Japanese
2. Now detects issues due to static linking of system libraries
3. Now detects mutex alignment issues
4. Now checks usage of private kernel interfaces (binary as well source scanner)
5. An improved script scanner to flag issues due to usage of removed, relocated commands as well as issues due to usage of new shell ksh93 (instead of old ksh88 )