Friday Jul 20, 2012
Sunday Jul 08, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Jul 08, 2012
Top piece of advice from Eaton Operations Services Manager Marcos Baccetto: Make it a business project, not an IT project. Read his other eight top tips.[Read More]
Sunday Jun 10, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Jun 10, 2012
While the debate continues on Capitol Hill about which federal programs to cut and which to keep, communities and towns across America are feeling the budget crunch closer to home. State and local governments are trying to save as many projects as they can without promising too much to constituents – and they, in turn, want to know where their tax dollars are going.
Fortunately, with the right planning and management, you can deliver successful projects and portfolios on a limited budget.
Watch the replay of our recent webcast with Oracle Primavera and Industry Product Manager Garrett Harley that will demonstrate how state and local governments can get the most out of their capital projects and learn how two Oracle Primavera customers have implemented project portfolio management practices to:
- Predict the cost of long-term capital programs and projects
- Assess risk and mitigation strategies
- Collaborate and track performance across government agencies
- Garrett Harley, Industry and Product Manager, Oracle Primavera
- Cory Davis, Director of Capital Renovation and New Construction, Chicago Public Schools
- Julie Owen, PSP™, CCC™, Sr. Project Controls Manager,LA Metro Transit Authority
With the right planning and management, state and local governments can deliver successful projects on a limited budget.
Sunday Jun 03, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Jun 03, 2012
New demands—from executives and users alike—are transforming the role of project portfolio management in the enterprise.
“It comes back to a mantra: provide as many alternative user interfaces as possible, so you can give people the ability to work, to participate, to raise issues, to create projects, in the places where they live,” says Yasser Mahmud, Oracle’s vice president of product strategy and industry marketing.[Read More]
Sunday Mar 25, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Mar 25, 2012
Sunday Mar 18, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Mar 18, 2012
In a move that brings best-in-class enterprise project portfolio management to Oracle’s PeopleSoft enterprise resource planning customers, Oracle announced the integration of Oracle’s PeopleSoft projects applications and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
The combination of PeopleSoft financial controls and Primavera portfolio management capabilities brings greater oversight of end-to-end processes to help organizations improve the planning and execution efforts needed to deliver projects on time and within budget.
“As an organization with many high-value, project-driven initiatives, we are very pleased to see Oracle’s investment in this important integration,” says Janardhanan Sankar, senior vice president for technology and quality at ITC Infotech India Ltd.
Oracle’s PeopleSoft projects applications enable project-centric organizations and departments to establish core operational processes for full project lifecycle management across operations and finance. The integration with Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management means organizations can eliminate costly and difficult-to-maintain proprietary integrations. Organizations can also standardize on the Oracle technologies to
Align back-office budgets and costs with project operations to help ensure accurate forecasting of costs, resources, and schedules
Provide an accurate single source of truth to financial managers and analysts using Oracle’s PeopleSoft projects applications, and to project managers using Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Enhance project collaboration and execution by having all users utilizing common solutions to communicate, plan, and deliver projects
“By bringing together Oracle’s PeopleSoft projects applications and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, we are able to provide customers with the infrastructure they need to achieve a single source of truth on the projects they are managing,” says Paco Aubrejuan, Oracle’s group vice president and general manager, PeopleSoft. “This real-time visibility drives profitability, increases productivity, and improves operations.”
Sunday Mar 11, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Mar 11, 2012
Some organizations seem to get it right every time, but for the majority, relatively few projects come in on time, on budget and meet initial scope and quality requirements. In fact, a report by the Economist Intelligence Unit, sponsored by Oracle, suggested less than 6% of organization consistently deliver all projects on-time and on-budget
Those who do get it right excel in three core areas – dynamically measuring actual resource allocation and usage at the level of each project as it occurs; standardizing key delivery phases and processes around proven best practices; and the automation of processes and collaboration whenever possible.
A key word is standardization – connecting project stakeholders and
team members through business processes and collaboration. It is here that technology
has a critical role to play, providing a platform that goes beyond project
level capabilities to deliver a central governance structure that integrates separate
delivery components across the extended organization.
It is also the foundation for effective execution, providing the visibility
and actionable intelligence needed to accelerate returns, control costs and
reduce contingency requirements. As every project manager knows, it’s about putting
the right data in the right hands to help to expose the hidden reality of both
the project and your own performance to assure progress and budgets are on
schedule. With the correct tools in place, project teams can facilitate
proactive decision making, better mitigate risk, and ensure the rapid
resolution of any issues that develop. It also helps drive accountability,
process improvements and the elimination of rework, waste and resource capacity
This is how successful projects are delivered, and it’s also a source of competitive advantage, providing companies with the confidence to make exacting customer commitments with the knowledge that the resources and skills are in place to deliver, and that profitability can be achieved.
Sunday Feb 26, 2012
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Feb 26, 2012
Oracle recently announced a major upgrade to its flagship enterprise project portfolio management solution and its industry leading project analytics application. Together, Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 are helping organizations deliver projects on time, within scope, and at reduced overall costs.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 offers new capabilities in three core areas: governance, project team participation, and project visibility.
· Governance: Governance improvements include a new approval process that helps project managers more closely review status changes by team members. Using this process managers can view status updates in an approval view that also includes tools for reviewing and approving status updates from team members before changes alter the formal project schedule. Teams can deliver the updated information via e-mail messages, an iPhone application, or a new team member Web application.
Project team participation: Enhanced team participation comes from the new team member Web application feature that helps staff quickly and efficiently report on the status of projects. Team members can use the Web application to view and update all work currently assigned to them, communicate with other team members, and view past and future tasks. The team member Web application is part of the new team member functionality that provides alternate interfaces for team members to quickly communicate updates to the project.
· Project visibility: A new locations dictionary feature delivers greater project visibility by letting users identify where project sites and resources are located and send the data to Primavera P6 Analytics. The dictionary tracks locations by street addresses or by the longitudes and latitudes, which it can determine using street addresses on file.
The latest version of Primavera P6 Analytics provides new enterprise reporting tools and dashboards to help project managers monitor and analyze performance data and formulate responses to changing conditions. Key new features include
- Geospatial analysis: Users can view and analyze data based on geographic locations captured in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- New dimensional and fact-based analysis: Capabilities include detailed trending analyses that can uncover key changes or potential risks, and identification of risk attributes based on data from Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, such as risk score and risk exposure.
- Multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management data sources: Easily incorporate data from multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management databases into a single analytics warehouse. Using this combined data, users can create single BI requests in Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support: Leverage Primavera P6 Analytics with Oracle Business Intelligence 11g. In addition to geospatial analysis, take advantage of new tools and charting options as well as the ability to combine data from multiple areas.
Get details about Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics.
Sunday Jan 08, 2012
New Business Intelligence Application Provides Visibility and Transparency into Project and Portfolio Performance
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Jan 08, 2012
Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 is a packaged business intelligence solution that provides valuable insights into projects and portfolios managed in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management. In addition, it enables users to uncover trends and identify issues before they escalate, helping them make better, more informed decisions.
Key Enhancements in Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 include:
- Consolidation of multiple Primavera P6 EPPM databases
- Geospatial visualization of project, activity, and resource locations
- Expanded data including UDFs, risks, and historical trending at the activity level
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support
- Tighter Primavera P6 EPPM integration with expanded Action Links
This solution provides management-by-exception capabilities through interactive dashboard reports, enabling organizations to benefit from enterprise-level reporting across the portfolio and insight into project trends and history. It enables users to conduct root cause analysis and take corrective actions by drilling directly from the Oracle Primavera P6 Analytics dashboard into Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution.
Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Details and Features
With more than 80 standard pre-built analytical views, Primavera P6 Analytics users can quickly identify projects that do not align to strategic objectives, are over-budget or under-performing, and then make the necessary course corrections. If needed, companies can add to the pre-built views by quickly and easily customizing additional views and dashboards.
A common Web-based portal helps ensure that users can quickly and easily access and navigate their dashboards and reports.
The solution is based on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (Oracle BI EE), which helps ensure that Primavera P6 Analytics leverages best in class BI technology that reduces implementation time for future integrations.
Oracle BI EE’s ability to support Oracle and non-Oracle applications and data sources enables Primavera P6 Analytics to match project data with information from different systems in the enterprise, such as financial and customer data, enabling organizations to create a single source of truth for their projects and programs.
By providing transparency into project portfolio performance and a single source of truth, Primavera P6 Analytics adds value to existing Oracle Primavera P6 Project Portfolio Management deployments by enabling managers to identify greater efficiencies and potential ROI on their projects.
If you are interested in knowing more about Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics solution, the following resources are available at your convenience:
- NEW 20 minute Webcast about the new features and product enhancements of Primavera P6 Analytics
- On-Demand Webcast: Get the Big Picture with Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics
- Primavera P6 Analytics Datasheet
- Primavera P6 Analytics Flash Demo
- Primavera P6 Analytics on Oracle.com
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Product Demo: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Order: Visit http://edelivery.oracle.com to download Primavera P6 Analytics
For more information, please call 800-423-0245 or visit www.oracle.com/goto/primavera.
- Portfolio With A View
- Creating and Maintaining Infrastructure in the Capitation Era
- Managing Change on E&C Projects
- Visualization and the Digital Project
- Maximize Lead-to-Contract Performance
- Is your company ready to successfully execute a business transformation?
- The New Face of Project Management: Are Specialized PMOs and Mobile Tech the Future?
- Litmus Test: 86% of Large Enterprises See the Value of Business Transformation, Yet Nearly Half Are Not Fully Ready to Execute
- Why New Product Development is so Important to Manufacturers
- Mobility Now!
- /Capital Projects and Program Management
- /Enterprise PMO
- /Maintenance Operations Support
- /New product Development
- /Process Improvement
- /Project Manufacturing