Wednesday Feb 24, 2016
Thursday May 03, 2012
Hill International Streamlines Forecasting, Improves Visibility into Project Productivity and Profitability
By Sylvie MacKenzie, Director, Marketing-Oracle on May 03, 2012
Hill International, with 3,200 employees in 110 offices worldwide,
provides program, project, and construction management, as well as
construction claims and consulting services. Engineering News-Record
magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction
management firm in the United States. In addition, Hill was a winner of
Oracle’s 2011 Eco- Enterprise Awards.
Hill’s mission is to be the very best professional services firms in the world, helping its clients minimize the risks inherent in the construction process. Hill’s experience and expertise helps its clients deliver their projects on time, within budget, and with the highest quality possible.
As Hill manages numerous large construction projects, totaling US$2 to US$3 billion each year, the company needed to streamline business processes by implementing an integrated project management platform. It also needed to replace its Excel-based financial reporting system with a comprehensive tool that provides project-level detail and consolidates forecasts for multiple projects worldwide. The company implemented Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, Primavera Contract Management, and Primavera Risk Analysis for a centralized, Web-based system that improved visibility into project status worldwide and streamlined project planning and scheduling, ultimately reducing planning cycle time by 66%. Hill also implemented Oracle Hyperion Financial Management to standardize financial reporting and forecasting processes and support decision-making. With Oracle, Hill gained visibility into the true productivity of each project and cut the financial reporting cycle time from two weeks to one. The company also used the data generated to support new construction project proposals and determine the profitability of potential projects.
A word from Hill International
- 1: IDENTIFY - what to build and where to build it
- Providing Individualized Content to Clients and Employees
- Shared Insight: Utilities Power Up with Lifecycle Approach to Capital Projects
- Five Competitive Killers in the Manufacturing “Engineer to Order” Process
- Two Worlds Colliding
- How can I deliver better projects in my Smart City?
- Solve the Decommissioning Dilemma
- New Report and Benchmark Assessment: The Secret to Reducing Shutdown Risks
- Oracle Delivers a New Contract Management Solution Customized for Engineering and Construction
- Five Reasons to Move to Cloud-Based Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- /Capital Projects and Program Management
- /Enterprise PMO
- /Maintenance Operations Support
- /New product Development
- /Process Improvement
- /Project Manufacturing