By Sylvie MacKenzie, PMP on Aug 31, 2012
Smart Grids help electric utilities respond to a variety of emerging customer and community needs. Utilities that implement them can:
• Defer major capital infrastructure requirements by influencing customers to shift peak demand consumption.
• Improve utility asset management by providing real-time grid monitoring and control.
• Ensure utility and customer compliance with environmental and security regulations.
• Improve customer service.
• Facilitate new consumer-facing business opportunities.
• Improve the environmental profile of their own operations and help their customers do the same.
This paper explains the role utility business software plays in maximizing these benefits while minimizing overall costs.[Read More]