By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Feb 26, 2012
Oracle recently announced a major upgrade to its flagship enterprise project portfolio management solution and its industry leading project analytics application. Together, Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 are helping organizations deliver projects on time, within scope, and at reduced overall costs.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 offers new capabilities in three core areas: governance, project team participation, and project visibility.
· Governance: Governance improvements include a new approval process that helps project managers more closely review status changes by team members. Using this process managers can view status updates in an approval view that also includes tools for reviewing and approving status updates from team members before changes alter the formal project schedule. Teams can deliver the updated information via e-mail messages, an iPhone application, or a new team member Web application.
Project team participation: Enhanced team participation comes from the new team member Web application feature that helps staff quickly and efficiently report on the status of projects. Team members can use the Web application to view and update all work currently assigned to them, communicate with other team members, and view past and future tasks. The team member Web application is part of the new team member functionality that provides alternate interfaces for team members to quickly communicate updates to the project.
· Project visibility: A new locations dictionary feature delivers greater project visibility by letting users identify where project sites and resources are located and send the data to Primavera P6 Analytics. The dictionary tracks locations by street addresses or by the longitudes and latitudes, which it can determine using street addresses on file.
The latest version of Primavera P6 Analytics provides new enterprise reporting tools and dashboards to help project managers monitor and analyze performance data and formulate responses to changing conditions. Key new features include
- Geospatial analysis: Users can view and analyze data based on geographic locations captured in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- New dimensional and fact-based analysis: Capabilities include detailed trending analyses that can uncover key changes or potential risks, and identification of risk attributes based on data from Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, such as risk score and risk exposure.
- Multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management data sources: Easily incorporate data from multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management databases into a single analytics warehouse. Using this combined data, users can create single BI requests in Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support: Leverage Primavera P6 Analytics with Oracle Business Intelligence 11g. In addition to geospatial analysis, take advantage of new tools and charting options as well as the ability to combine data from multiple areas.
Get details about Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics.