New Business Intelligence Application Provides Visibility and Transparency into Project and Portfolio Performance
By Sylvie MacKenzie, Director, Marketing-Oracle on Jan 08, 2012
Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 is a packaged business intelligence solution that provides valuable insights into projects and portfolios managed in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management. In addition, it enables users to uncover trends and identify issues before they escalate, helping them make better, more informed decisions.
Key Enhancements in Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 include:
- Consolidation of multiple Primavera P6 EPPM databases
- Geospatial visualization of project, activity, and resource locations
- Expanded data including UDFs, risks, and historical trending at the activity level
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support
- Tighter Primavera P6 EPPM integration with expanded Action Links
This solution provides management-by-exception capabilities through interactive dashboard reports, enabling organizations to benefit from enterprise-level reporting across the portfolio and insight into project trends and history. It enables users to conduct root cause analysis and take corrective actions by drilling directly from the Oracle Primavera P6 Analytics dashboard into Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution.
Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Details and Features
With more than 80 standard pre-built analytical views, Primavera P6 Analytics users can quickly identify projects that do not align to strategic objectives, are over-budget or under-performing, and then make the necessary course corrections. If needed, companies can add to the pre-built views by quickly and easily customizing additional views and dashboards.
A common Web-based portal helps ensure that users can quickly and easily access and navigate their dashboards and reports.
The solution is based on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (Oracle BI EE), which helps ensure that Primavera P6 Analytics leverages best in class BI technology that reduces implementation time for future integrations.
Oracle BI EE’s ability to support Oracle and non-Oracle applications and data sources enables Primavera P6 Analytics to match project data with information from different systems in the enterprise, such as financial and customer data, enabling organizations to create a single source of truth for their projects and programs.
By providing transparency into project portfolio performance and a single source of truth, Primavera P6 Analytics adds value to existing Oracle Primavera P6 Project Portfolio Management deployments by enabling managers to identify greater efficiencies and potential ROI on their projects.
If you are interested in knowing more about Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics solution, the following resources are available at your convenience:
- NEW 20 minute Webcast about the new features and product enhancements of Primavera P6 Analytics
- On-Demand Webcast: Get the Big Picture with Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics
- Primavera P6 Analytics Datasheet
- Primavera P6 Analytics Flash Demo
- Primavera P6 Analytics on Oracle.com
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Product Demo: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Order: Visit http://edelivery.oracle.com to download Primavera P6 Analytics
For more information, please call 800-423-0245 or visit www.oracle.com/goto/primavera.