Sunday Mar 25, 2012
Sunday Feb 26, 2012
By Sylvie MacKenzie, Director, Marketing-Oracle on Feb 26, 2012
Oracle recently announced a major upgrade to its flagship enterprise project portfolio management solution and its industry leading project analytics application. Together, Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 are helping organizations deliver projects on time, within scope, and at reduced overall costs.
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 offers new capabilities in three core areas: governance, project team participation, and project visibility.
· Governance: Governance improvements include a new approval process that helps project managers more closely review status changes by team members. Using this process managers can view status updates in an approval view that also includes tools for reviewing and approving status updates from team members before changes alter the formal project schedule. Teams can deliver the updated information via e-mail messages, an iPhone application, or a new team member Web application.
Project team participation: Enhanced team participation comes from the new team member Web application feature that helps staff quickly and efficiently report on the status of projects. Team members can use the Web application to view and update all work currently assigned to them, communicate with other team members, and view past and future tasks. The team member Web application is part of the new team member functionality that provides alternate interfaces for team members to quickly communicate updates to the project.
· Project visibility: A new locations dictionary feature delivers greater project visibility by letting users identify where project sites and resources are located and send the data to Primavera P6 Analytics. The dictionary tracks locations by street addresses or by the longitudes and latitudes, which it can determine using street addresses on file.
The latest version of Primavera P6 Analytics provides new enterprise reporting tools and dashboards to help project managers monitor and analyze performance data and formulate responses to changing conditions. Key new features include
- Geospatial analysis: Users can view and analyze data based on geographic locations captured in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- New dimensional and fact-based analysis: Capabilities include detailed trending analyses that can uncover key changes or potential risks, and identification of risk attributes based on data from Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, such as risk score and risk exposure.
- Multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management data sources: Easily incorporate data from multiple Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management databases into a single analytics warehouse. Using this combined data, users can create single BI requests in Primavera P6 Analytics.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support: Leverage Primavera P6 Analytics with Oracle Business Intelligence 11g. In addition to geospatial analysis, take advantage of new tools and charting options as well as the ability to combine data from multiple areas.
Get details about Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management 8.2 and Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics.
Sunday Jan 08, 2012
New Business Intelligence Application Provides Visibility and Transparency into Project and Portfolio Performance
By Sylvie MacKenzie, Director, Marketing-Oracle on Jan 08, 2012
Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 is a packaged business intelligence solution that provides valuable insights into projects and portfolios managed in Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management. In addition, it enables users to uncover trends and identify issues before they escalate, helping them make better, more informed decisions.
Key Enhancements in Primavera P6 Analytics Release 2.0 include:
- Consolidation of multiple Primavera P6 EPPM databases
- Geospatial visualization of project, activity, and resource locations
- Expanded data including UDFs, risks, and historical trending at the activity level
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g support
- Tighter Primavera P6 EPPM integration with expanded Action Links
This solution provides management-by-exception capabilities through interactive dashboard reports, enabling organizations to benefit from enterprise-level reporting across the portfolio and insight into project trends and history. It enables users to conduct root cause analysis and take corrective actions by drilling directly from the Oracle Primavera P6 Analytics dashboard into Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution.
Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics Details and Features
With more than 80 standard pre-built analytical views, Primavera P6 Analytics users can quickly identify projects that do not align to strategic objectives, are over-budget or under-performing, and then make the necessary course corrections. If needed, companies can add to the pre-built views by quickly and easily customizing additional views and dashboards.
A common Web-based portal helps ensure that users can quickly and easily access and navigate their dashboards and reports.
The solution is based on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (Oracle BI EE), which helps ensure that Primavera P6 Analytics leverages best in class BI technology that reduces implementation time for future integrations.
Oracle BI EE’s ability to support Oracle and non-Oracle applications and data sources enables Primavera P6 Analytics to match project data with information from different systems in the enterprise, such as financial and customer data, enabling organizations to create a single source of truth for their projects and programs.
By providing transparency into project portfolio performance and a single source of truth, Primavera P6 Analytics adds value to existing Oracle Primavera P6 Project Portfolio Management deployments by enabling managers to identify greater efficiencies and potential ROI on their projects.
If you are interested in knowing more about Oracle's Primavera P6 Analytics solution, the following resources are available at your convenience:
- NEW 20 minute Webcast about the new features and product enhancements of Primavera P6 Analytics
- On-Demand Webcast: Get the Big Picture with Oracle’s Primavera P6 Analytics
- Primavera P6 Analytics Datasheet
- Primavera P6 Analytics Flash Demo
- Primavera P6 Analytics on Oracle.com
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Product Demo: Primavera P6 Analytics
- Order: Visit http://edelivery.oracle.com to download Primavera P6 Analytics
For more information, please call 800-423-0245 or visit www.oracle.com/goto/primavera.
Monday Dec 12, 2011
Oracle Embeds BI into the New Primavera Contract Management, Business Intelligence Publisher Edition
By Sylvie MacKenzie, Director, Marketing-Oracle on Dec 12, 2011
The new Primavera Contract Management, Business
Intelligence Publisher Edition, is designed to help companies
deliver more construction projects on schedule and within scope, while reducing
overall project costs, schedule delays, and risks.
The latest edition provides an enterprise version of Primavera Contract Management that helps companies streamline document collaboration and management, improve team member collaboration, avoid claims, and provide visibility into contractor performance. Key enhancements in the new release include
Expanded reporting. The addition of Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher provides a comprehensive and flexible report-writing functionality within Primavera Contract Management. With 150 standard reports and the ability to create their own reports, users gain visibility into potential problems early and can analyze comparative trends and cause and effect among multiple projects. In addition to utilizing Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher for reporting, the new edition also uses it in place of Microsoft Word for letter templates, offering customers the freedom to choose their letter editing format. Letter templates are created in Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher using a data model and are stored as an RTF file for enhanced flexibility.
Support for Oracle User Productivity Kit. This new capability allows organizations to customize online tutorials by providing access to process and training documents directly from within the application. Oracle User Productivity Kit reduces the time required to bring new users up-to-speed and reinforces policies for existing users.
Technology enhancements. Among the latest additions is support for Oracle WebLogic 11g and support for 64-bit environments. Oracle designed this release to be Web services–enabled, offering another integration option in addition to existing APIs.
Familiar look and feel. Oracle designed the latest release so that its user interface corresponds with the look and feel of the entire Primavera suite of products, enabling users to move between products with ease.
You can find further information about Primavera Contract Management by visiting the following links, or by calling 1-800-423-0245
- The Fourth Dimension Has Arrived
- When The Unexpected Strikes
- Discover the latest version of Oracle's Instantis EnterpriseTrack and EnterpriseTrack Mobile
- The Risks of ‘Word of Mouth’
- Optimize Maintenance Operations to Reduce Operating Costs
- The Benefits of Moving to Cloud PPM
- Join us for Primavera Day, coming in your area
- Stop Wasting My Time
- New Report Finds Top Travel and Transportation Companies Use Project Portfolio Management to Gain a Competitive Edge
- Public Sector Focus: Smart Cities Initiatives Benefit from Project Portfolio Management
- /Capital Projects and Program Management
- /Enterprise PMO
- /Maintenance Operations Support
- /New product Development
- /Process Improvement
- /Project Manufacturing