Intelligent project selection in the Federal government
By "Sylvie Mackenzie, Pmp-Oracle" on Jan 22, 2012
According to the Pew Research Center, two-thirds of Americans believe that the government cannot run program efficiently and without waste.
The Economist Intelligence Unit issued a report sponsored by Oracle titled "Creating value in the public sector: Intelligent project selection in the federal government". The report explores how some agencies are taking a portfolio-based approach to improve program performance.
Programs can be run more efficiently when agency leaders and managers improve their program management practices. A solid portfolio management solution enables them to:
- have a holistic view of all the projects to see if and where new projects will fit.
- identify the right projects.
- balance the project portfolios
- select and manage resources
- constantly adjust programs to account for changes in strategy and demands.
Read the full EIU report to find out how.