Columbus Regional Airport Authority Cuts Unbudgeted Carryover Costs for Capital Projects by 88% in One Year
By Melissa Centurio Lopes on Nov 12, 2012
The Columbus Regional
Airport Authority (CRAA) is a public entity that works to connect Central
Ohio with the world. It oversees operations at three airports―Port Columbus
International Airport, Rickenbacker International Airport, and Bolton Field
Airport―and manages the Rickenbacker Inland Port and
"Oracle’s Primavera P6 and Primavera Contract Management are transforming project management at CRAA. We have enabled resource-loaded scheduling and expanded visibility into cash flow, which allowed us to reduce unbudgeted carryover by 88% in a single year.” – Alex Beaver, Manager, Project Controls Office, Columbus Regional Airport Authority
- Standardize project planning and management for the approximately 100 projects―including airport terminal upgrades to road and runway creation and rehabilitation―that the airport authority undertakes annually
- Improve control over project scheduling and budgets to reduce unplanned carryover costs from one fiscal year to the next
- Ensure on-time, on-budget completion of critical infrastructure projects that support the organization’s mission to connect Central Ohio with the world through its three airports and inland port
· Used Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management to develop a unified methodology for scheduling and managing capital projects for the airport authority, including the organization’s largest capital project ever―a five-year runway construction project
· Gained a single, consolidated view into the organization’s capital projects and the ability to drill down into resource-loaded schedules and cash flow, enabling CRAA to take action earlier to avert the impact of emerging issues―including budget overages and project delays
· Cut unbudgeted carryover costs from US$24.4 million in 2010 to US$3.5 million in 2011―an 88% improvement
“Oracle’s Primavera solutions are the industry standard for project management. They provide robust and proven functionality that give us the power to effectively schedule and manage budgets for a wide range of projects, from terminal maintenance, to runway work, to golf course redesign,” said Alex Beaver, manager, project controls office, Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Click here to read the full version of the customer success story.