By Ndwyouell-Oracle on Mar 08, 2016
In the song “Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3)” released by Ian Dury and Blockheads in 1979, the lyrics list – believe it or not – many reasons to be cheerful! You will be pleased to know I will not be listing 1000 reasons here, as my 1000 reasons relates to the milestone reached last month of 1000 customers of Oracle EPM Cloud Services. A milestone reached in just two years from the release of the first Oracle EPM Cloud Service – Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) - on 14 February 2014. Certainly for Oracle and our customers, a 1000 reasons to be cheerful – you can listen to some of our customers by clicking on these names Racepoint Global, Western Alliance Bancorp, Moda Holding, Bukhatir Group, and Baxters.
To put the numbers in perspective, it took 5 years to reach the 1000 customer milestone when we released Oracle Hyperion Planning back in 2000. If you do the math for Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud, you will see customers have been signing up at the rate of 1.37 per day every day since the launch!
So, to what do we attribute this success? Here is my list:
- Oracle PBCS is built from the ground up for pure cloud deployment and can support simple requirements as well as enterprise planning complexities that the on-premises Hyperion Planning product handles.
- Oracle PBCS is based on the experience of over 5000 planning and forecasting customers globally, 1000s of years of staff experience, but is also highly innovative benefiting from Oracle’s large investment in R&D.
- Oracle PBCS integration is built to support the smallest or largest customer needs. You can start with simple ASCII imports and then add more sophisticated integration capabilities such as GL/Hierarchy mapping, data quality management and drill through to source.
- Oracle PBCS is priced and designed to provide competitive TCO whether you are a small or large enterprise (just a single subscription fee per user and no additional hidden charges).
- Oracle PBCS is proven for any size/complexity of EPM requirements and for scalability. Over 50% of the 1000 customers are small or midsize, but we also have user counts of more than 1000 in some customers who are using it for complex zero-based budgeting and other planning activities.
- Oracle PBCS provides simplified ‘business user’ driven cloud deployment, configuration, and administration, designed to be implemented and managed by the finance and the lines of business with minimal reliance on IT or additional consultants. Virtually zero training is needed, due to built-in starter kits and online help/tutorials.
- If you should need help globally, there are 1000s of trained experts available through Oracle’s vast network of partners, many of whom offer low cost, fixed price packages for their PBCS services.
- Oracle PBCS deployments span the entire enterprise across finance, marketing, sales, operations, HR, etc. using a wide span of planning techniques including predictive planning, driver-based planning, rolling forecasts and zero-based budgeting.
- Deployed in the Oracle-owned and operated data centers, PBCS leverages in-memory processing and is designed to scale without impact to performance or complexity of administration.
- The Oracle Cloud single tenancy approach, along with two environments (test and production), provides world class security and the flexibility for customers to chose when they upgrade to suit their specific business needs.
By the way, in case you were wondering, there never was a part 1 or 2 from Ian Dury and the Blockheads, but do go out on the internet and listen to part 3; it is a classic. While you are there, you can find out much more about Oracle EPM Cloud solutions here.