Thursday Jun 25, 2015
Thursday Mar 27, 2014
By Warren Baird-Oracle on Mar 27, 2014
If you want to be completely sure whether you are setting the parameters for the 32b or 64b version - look at the "Path" field of the "Java Runtime Environment" settings - if you see "Program Files (x86)" then it is the 32b version.
Friday Jan 17, 2014
By Warren Baird-Oracle on Jan 17, 2014
Friday Jan 03, 2014
By Warren Baird-Oracle on Jan 03, 2014
First off - best wishes to all of you for a very happy new years!
To follow up on Graham's post yesterday, some of you may have noticed that after upgrading to Java 7u45 there is an additional warning indicating "This application will be blocked in a future Java security update because the JAR file manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute". I wanted to point out that we expect that the next java security update will start to enforcing the blocking of applets without the Permissions attribute - this means that the out of the box version of the AutoVue client will stop running after this java update is applied. We have created patches for all supported versions - the patches, along with some additional details, are listed in the KM note Graham mentions: - KM 1594439.1
Patches that install the updated client properly on Agile PLM systems are underway and will be available soon.
If you have already moved to Java 7 update 45, or plan to move to future updates or Java when they are available, we highly recommend that you install these patches ASAP.
Thursday Jan 02, 2014
By Graham Mckendry-Oracle on Jan 02, 2014
For AutoVue – specifically AutoVue Client/Server Deployment in which the most common client implementation is a Java applet – certain JRE updates have notable impact. In these cases, all efforts are made to fully detail the impact through alerts in the My Oracle Support knowledge base. In addition, when necessary product patches will be provided by Oracle to address issues between the AutoVue client and the newer JRE versions.
The two most recent examples are detailed in the following knowledge base articles – recommended reading for all AutoVue Client/Server Deployment administrators:
- KM Note 1553322.1 – Java SE 7u21 Changes to the Java Browser Plug-in Behavior, Getting Message: "Security Warning - Do you want to run this application?" When Using AutoVue Client/Server Deployment With Java–based Customizations
- KM Note 1594439.1 – AutoVue Client Usage with Java 7u45
In addition to being posted as ‘Alerts’ in the knowledge base so that they show up directly on your My Oracle Support dashboard (if configured properly), these types of alerts are typically also posted through the Oracle Support team’s quarterly newsletter.
The authors of this blog are members of the AutoVue Enterprise Visualization team at Oracle. The views expressed on this blog reflect those of the members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle.
- AutoVue Support for Unigraphics NX9 and NX10
- Controlling Headers, Footers and Watermarks when Printing
- AutoVue SolidWorks 2015 Support
- Save the date for the Oracle Modern Supply Chain Experience 2016 (formerly Oracle Value Chain Summit)
- INSO Increases Healthcare Support Service Quality and Efficiency at San Giuseppe Hospital with AutoVue 2D Professional
- Diagnosing File Display Issues in AutoVue
- Model Based Enterprise - An Introduction
- Printing with AutoVue Client/Server Deployment and Java JRE 8u25 and up
- Save the date For Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- Configuring Single Sign-On (SSO) for an Integrated AutoVue Environment