Oracle Exa* Cloud - Is it Enterprise Architecture in a Box?
By Pat Shepherd on Nov 04, 2010
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is the world's first and only integrated cloud machine—hardware and software engineered together to provide a "cloud in a box". Exalogic is designed to revolutionize data center consolidation, enabling enterprises to bring together tens, hundreds, or even thousands of disparate, mission-critical, performance-sensitive workloads with maximum reliability, availability, and security. Oracle Exalogic's unique high-bandwidth, low-latency interconnect fabric means that complex, distributed applications can run with a responsiveness simply not achievable with typical servers used in data centers today.
The answer is – of course not. There is a whole lot more to EA than any infrastructure could provide an answer for. However, pairing ExaLogic and ExaData together go a long way towards fulfilling some of the basic tenants of Enterprise Architecture.
- Reduce total IT costs (development –> production)
- Consolidate databases and applications
- Exponentially simplify the IT landscape
- Increase customer (internal and external) satisfaction through higher performance and higher availability
- Decrease OPEX through simplified and unified management