Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM) 12c has become a valuable component in monitoring and administrating an enterprise environment. The more critical the application, servers and services that are monitored and maintained via EM, the more critical the EM environment becomes. Therefore, EM must be as available as the most critical target it manages.
There are many areas that need to be discussed when talking about managing Enterprise Manager in a data center. Some of these are as follows:
• Recommendations for staffing roles and responsibilities for EM administration
• Understanding the components that make up an EM environment
• Backing up and monitoring EM itself
• Maintaining a healthy EM system
• Patching the EM components
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing guidelines
The Operational Considerations and Troubleshooting Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c whitepaper available on the Enterprise Manager Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) site will help define administrator requirements and responsibilities. It provides guidance in setting up the proper monitoring and maintenance activities to keep Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c healthy and to ensure that EM stays highly available.