Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure
By Cinzia Mascanzoni on Jun 20, 2012
The 2012 Gartner MQ for x86 Server Virtualization has just published.
- Oracle is in the “Challengers” quadrant.
- This is a significant “jump” above the x-axis (from the “Niche” quadrant) during previous years
- The move into the “Challengers” quadrant was possible for 3 primary reasons
- 1) strength of the Oracle VM 3.0 release
- 2) integrated management capabilities
- 3) solid customer momentum during past year
- Gartner even specifically states that Oracle VM use is growing amongst VMware customers
Read the full report here.