By JuergenKress on Nov 18, 2013
This year’s UKOUG Tech13 conference is kicking off with a free SuperSunday event.
You can choose between 7 streams:
- Hands on Engineered Systems
- Analytics – Pulling the Threads Together
- Database Technology 1 & 2
- Real World Lessons from ADF Ninjas
- Extending APEX out of the Box
- WebLogic Hackathon
The best and most interesting is of course the WebLogic Hackathon
I have been working with a great group of people to prepare the WebLogic Hackathon:
- Simon Haslam – @simon_haslam
- Ronald van Luttikhuizen – @rluttikhuizen
- Jacco H. Landlust – @oraclemva
- Guido Schmutz – @gschmutz
The theme for the day is configuration management and automation.
I have prepared a lab where participants can try to do a silent and scripted installation/deployment of WebLogic Server 12.1.2 via the standard Oracle tools.
We will use a Linux Server running on the participants laptops via VirtualBox.
Scripting will save you time and make installations identical and hereby maximize predictability.
While scripting is a good start, the next step is to use real configuration management tools to help you out.
Because this is a hands-on event there is a limited numbers of seats so sign up immediately
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.