This post covers basics of SSL in WebLogic Server and how to configure SSL with Custom Certificates and Certifying Authority. For SSL in Oracle E-Business Suite click here, SSL in Oracle Internet Directory (OID) click here , SSL in Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) click here , and for SSL in Oracle Access Manager (OAM) click here
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is used to encrypt data between client and Server (WebLogic in this case).
- When user connects to WebLogic Server they can connect
- a) Directly to WebLogic Server (Admin or Managed Server Port , more on WebLogic Admin/Managed Server here ) or
- b) via Web Server or Load Balancer (Web Server or Load Balancer then connects to WebLogic Server). To configure WebServer (OHS) in front of WebLogic Server click here
- User –> Load Balancer (or WebServer) –> WebLogic Server
- User –> WebLogic Server Read the full article here.
WebLogic Partner Community
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Mix Forum Wiki