By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jul 07, 2014
Here is my experiences with installing Forms and Reports 220.127.116.11.0 on Red Hat 6 (64-bit) using Java 7.
- Download the software
- Prepare the OS
- Install Java
- Patch Java
- Install Weblogic server 10.3.6
- Install the latest Weblogic PSU
- Using WebLogic Server with JDK 7
- Install Forms/Reports version 18.104.22.168.0
- Patch Forms/Reports
- Configure Forms/Reports
- Homes overview
- Verifying the installation
- Missing boot.properties
- Moving Applications home
- Set Java memory parameters
- Node Manager default configuration
- Configure automatic start of the servers/processes
- Configure OCM
- Forms and Reports Download, Installation, and Configuration ReadMe
- FMW System Requirements and Specifications for Oracle Forms and Reports
- FMW Installation Guide for Oracle Forms and Reports
- FMW Release Notes for Oracle Forms and Reports
Download the software
- Java SE Development Kit 7 – latests update
- Weblogic 10.3.6
- Weblogic 10.3.6 January 2014 PSU 10.3.6.0.7 Patch 17572726 (FCX7)
- Forms and Reports 11gR2 (22.214.171.124.0) disk 1
- Forms and Reports 11gR2 (126.96.36.199.0) disk 2
- Latest version of the OCM
- Before using the direkt download links to http://download.oracle.com you need to login in to the site and accept a License Agreement. It does not matter which product you choose.
Prepare the OS
I am using Red Hat 6 64-bit. Check the System Requirements for UNIX Operating Systems. Also check Special Startup Requirements for Linux x86 or Linux x86-64 Operating Systems in the same document.
The kernel must be 2.6.32-100.28.5.el6 or newer. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.