During the OFM Summer Camp for Mobile Cloud Service (MCS) it was all going very smooth. In fact too good!! until I had to set up MAF 2.1.2 in JDevleoper and configure the utility provided in the lab (maf-mcs-utility-22.214.171.124.4). At this point nothing worked…The fact that I use Mac didn’t make things easier either as most people were on Windows and the lab sort of assumed the same….. So after at least 6 hours banging my head against the wall I finally found a solution.
Word of Caution
I initially tried to make this work in an existing Jdeveloper 12.1.3 soaquickstart installation. I tried to set up MAF 2.1.2 in this environment (following the docs steps) and it got to the point that I was getting all sort of weird errors (many related to MDS not loading and others around compilation). So at this point I decided to do a full clean install of everything (including Java).
Below the steps:
- Uninstall JDK 1.8 or JRE 1.8 (if you don’t have a JDK installed yet) by following these instructions
- JDK uninstalling steps: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/install/macjdk.html#A1096903
- JRE uninstalling steps: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/macuninstalljava.xml
- Download JDK 1.7 from: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
- Download JDK 1.8 (for later use) from: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- Download JDeveloper 12.1.3 from: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/jdev/downloads/index.html
- Install Xcode from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/
- If Xcode is already installed make sure SDK is installed by clicking on Xcode Menu > Preferences > Download
- If no simulator is installed, click on the latest simulator to install it
- Double click on jdk-7uxx-macosx-x64.dmg to install JDK 1.7
- Open a command prompt and check that it was properly installed by running java –version. Read the complete article here.
WebLogic Partner Community
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Forum Wiki
Technorati Tags: Luis Weir
,Mobile Cloud Service