Weblogic Server 11gR1 PS2: Administration Essentials book and eBook
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Nov 09, 2011
- A practical book with step-by-step instructions for admins in real-time company environments
- Create, commit, undo, and monitor a change session using the Administration Console
- Create basic automated tooling with WLST
- Access advanced resource attributes in the Administration Console
- eBook available as PDF, ePub and Mobi downloads and also on PacktLib
Oracle’s WebLogic 11g Server is an application server for building and deploying enterprise Java EE applications. WebLogic’s infrastructure supports the deployment of many types of distributed applications and is an ideal foundation for building applications based on a Service Oriented Architecture. This book will guide you through the important administration aspects of WebLogic server.
Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 PS2: Administration Essentials is a focused step-by-step tutorial that provides an overview of the important administrative tasks performed by WebLogic Server administrators.
This book will teach administrators the techniques for installing and configuring Oracle WebLogic Server and how to deploy Java EE applications using the Administration Console, command-line interface, and scripting tools such as WLST. It starts with a good overview of the techniques needed in the middleware world of today. Clear explanations of definitions and concepts of JEE and how Oracle WebLogic fits into this picture are also provided. The book then dives into performing routine Oracle WebLogic server administration functions, and how to deploy different types of Java EE applications to WebLogic server.
A focused step-by-step handbook for WebLogic administrators
What you will learn from this book :
- Get started with techniques for installing and configuring WebLogic Server
- Understand important WebLogic domain concepts including domain creation and configuration
- Master the different ways to perform routine Oracle WebLogic Server administration functions including creating and configuring a domain, disabling and enabling the Administration Console, deploying applications, and much more
- Deploy large-scale Java EE applications to servers and manage them
- Learn how to create a managed server and its relationship with nodemanager
- Understand, use, configure, and test JDBC and JMS
- Learn about basic security and audit concepts
- Get to grips with several server patterns such as JVM, JDBC, and JMS for debugging a problem
- Monitor your application server using GUI and command-line tools including automation scripts
- Customize Administration Console preferences
This book is written in an easy-to-read style, with a strong emphasis on real-world, practical examples. Step-by-step explanations are provided for performing important administration tasks.
Who this book is written for
If you are a web server administrator looking for a quick guide for performing routine and important WebLogic server administration functions, including configuring WebLogic server and deploying Java EE applications, then this is a perfect book for you. No knowledge of administering WebLogic server is required.
Language : English
Paperback : 304 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2011
ISBN : 1849683026
ISBN 13 : 978-1-84968-302-9
Author(s) : Michel Schildmeijer
Want to promote your publication & article & book? Send us the details via http://twitter.com/wlscommunity @wlscommunity. For regular information become a member of the WebLogic Partner Community please register at http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea