WebLogic Optimized Solution
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Sep 12, 2011
- Optimized Solution for Oracle WebLogic Suite – A technical white paper
- Optimized Solution for Oracle WebLogic Suite – A business white paper
- Oracle Full-Stack Integration: Maximize the value of IT investments from applications to disk
- Sales playbook optimized solution for Oracle WebLogic suite
- Bill of material & sizing optimized solution for Oracle weblogic suite
IBM WebSphere is 44%-51% more costly than Oracle WebLogic
Crimson Consulting Group just published a whitepaper, titled “Oracle WebLogic vs. IBM WebSphere TCO Comparison.” In this whitepaper Crimson estimated that IBM WebSphere and related products are between 44% to 51% more costly than Oracle WebLogic over a five year horizon.This cost differential is primarily due to three factors:
- Oracle’s performance advantage of 10-30%, which means less hardware, software, and support costs for the same workloads.
- Oracle’s cohesive approach to application platform design, which reduces operational costs (OpEx). The ongoing operational costs for IBM WebSphere were between 41% and 43% higher than Oracle WebLogic.
- IBM’s higher personnel costs and dependence on professional services, which raises “people costs” and reduces agility. IBM personnel costs are 50% more expensive.
The conclusions were based on in-depth interviews of IT professionals with extensive experience of application server and data grid deployments. Please use this Crimson whitepaper when you’re in a WebLogic deal against IBM. It can be shared externally with your prospect.