Five Java updates released
By Juergen Kress Oracle-Oracle on May 08, 2012
Oracle Java teams have delivered update releases for Java SE, Java FX and Java SE for Embedded.
Java SE 7 Update 4
- This is the first time Oracle is delivering both the JDK and JavaFX SDK for Mac OS X; the JDK (which will include the JavaFX SDK) is available for download from the Oracle Technology Network Download page.
- Oracle has continued to work on merging JRockit and HotSpot JVMs to leverage the best features in each.
- Java SE 7 Update 4 features includes the next-generation Garbage Collection algorithm Garbage First (G1).
- New JVM (Java HotSpot Virtual Machine, version 23) features JRockit JVM feature convergence. Some of the value-add features of the JRockit JVM are re-implemented in the HotSpot JVM.
- Java SE 7 Update 4 is the first consumer release of the Java 7 JRE that will be made available as the default version on Java.com. Follow Henrik Stahl’s blog for the latest information.
- Read the Java SE 7 Update 4 Release Notes for details.
Java SE 6 Update 32
Java SE 6u32 contains Olson time zone data version 2011l and bug fixes. For more information, see the Java SE 6 Update 32 Release Notes. Download.
Java FX 2.1 release includes the JavaFX Software Development Kit (SDK) for the Windows and Mac OS X platforms. The JavaFX SDK provides the tools and technologies for developing JavaFX applications with these new features:
- Playback support for digital media stored in the MPEG-4 multimedia container format containing H.264/AVC video and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) audio.
- The JavaFX 2.1 release adds the ability to use Windows-style LCD sub-pixel rendering. All the JavaFX UI controls will be LCD-text enabled by default on Windows, as will WebView, the Webkit-based node for rendering Web content. Applications can also opt-in to use LCD text on the low-level scenegraph text node by a new API.
- Additional user interface enhancements in JavaFX 2.1 include: controls for combo box, stacked chart and application-wide menu bar.
- JavaFX Scene Builder 1.0 Early Access – a visual layout tool for the JavaFX platform. The JavaFX Scene Builder enables designing UI screens by simply dragging and positioning objects.
- For more information, see the JavaFX 2.1 Release Notes.
Java SE for Embedded 7 Update 4 & Java SE for Embedded 6 Update 32
Java Standard Edition (Java SE) for Embedded Devices delivers a secure, optimized runtime environment that is ideal for network-based devices. Both releases includes bug fixes. Download.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.