Announcement: WebLogic on Oracle Database Appliance by QUALOGY
By JuergenKress on Apr 04, 2013
Last week I was informed by Oracle of the fact that WebLogic
Server Enterprise Edition (and implicitly included as part of WebLogic
Suite) will include integration functionality to Oracle Database
appliance (‘Oracle WebLogic Software Kit for Oracle Database Appliance’)
on Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 hardware.
The following can be obtained by deploying WebLogic Server EE in Oracle Database Appliance:
- Pre-configured highly available WebLogic Server with 2, 4 or 8 nodes cluster options that provide the foundation for the customers to build and deploy enterprise Java EE applications with support for new features in 11g (10.3.6) and 12c (12.1.2).
- Simple, Reliable, Affordable platform for deploying end-to-end solutions leveraging not only Oracle Database RAC, but also WebLogic Server.
Now, a customer can be very fast in bringing up it’s WebLogic on ODA. These are, as Oracle tells, the general steps to take:
- Implement ODA in your Datacenter
- Download Database, WLS Appliance Manager and WLS ODA from EDelivery
- Run the Oracle Appliance Manager and WLS Domain Configuration
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.