By Juergenkress-Oracle on Dec 27, 2012
This is more a note to myself, because I keep forgetting the details and then I get angry about myself when I am in a hurry .
you quickly require a database with WebLogic 12c (or some other version
10.3.3 or later, because since then WLS comes with Derby) and some
content (e.g. to try some monitoring tool or a WLST script or
something), do the following:
- make sure you have the WebLogic samples and the sample DB installed.
- create a new domain.
- in the domain’s setDomainEnv.sh under DOMAIN_HOME/bin
- change the DERBY_FLAG from false to true.
- start the Admin server which will start the Derby database as well.
- Create a data source using the following values:
- DBName: medrec
- Host: localhost
- Port: 1527
- Username: medrec
- Password: medrec
- Test the connection pool after creating it. It should work right away.
Done! more details, recipes and discussions
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.