- Java ME Embedded 3.3 and Java ME Software Development Kit (SDK) 3.3 just came out in July. Optimized for microcontrollers and other resource-constrained devices, this release reduces "core plumbing" for an app, and includes more information about memory and network usage critical for low-power apps
- Q&A: Java Performance TuningJava Magazine talks with Kirk Pepperdine about the challenges of Java performance tuning.
- Java 8: LambdasGet to know lambda expressions with Ted Neward
- New Release of JDK 7u25 and JavaFX 2.2.25The JDK 7u25 release (including JavaFX 2.2.25) introduces new JAR file manifest attributes used to defend RIAs against unauthorized code repurposing. For more information on all updates to the documentation, see Java Tutorials Weblog.
- Java EE 7 Webcast Replay Introducing Java EE 7The on-demand webcast presents Java EE 7 strategy and technical keynote presentations moderated by Arun Gupta, Java EE and GlassFish Guy, at Oracle. You will also hear from JUGs around the globe about their role in developing Java EE 7
- NetBeans IDE 7.3.1 Released with Java EE 7NetBeans IDE 7.3.1 released with Java EE 7 support. This hands-on tech articles will get you started with Java EE 7 right away
- NetBeans IDE 7.4 Beta This release extends HTML5 features to Java EE and PHP application development, introduces new support for Hybrid HTML5 development on Android and iOS platforms, and preview support for JDK 8.
- The Javadoc Updater ToolAdoptOpenJDK is a defacto place to work on the Javadoc Updater Tool. This community page is a copy of Oracle's JavadocUpdaterTool to address a security vulnerability.
- Griffon 1.3 is Outthe JavaFX archetype is the most downloaded so far. The JavaFX plugin has risen up to the 7th most popular and continues to rise in popularity.
- What's New in JMS 2 - Part 1 JMS 2 is one of the most significant parts of Java EE 7. One of the principal goals of the JMS 2 API is improving developer productivity by reducing the amount of code to work with JMS.
- Java Performance, Scalability, Availability, Manageability & Security with Oracle Database 12c Support for multitenant architecture, Database Resident Connection Pool, new SQL types, Transaction Guard & Application Continuity for Java, Global Data Service, and advanced security features.
- An Overview of Batch Processing in Java EE 7 This new JSR defines the programming model for batch applications plus a runtime to run and manage batch jobs. This article covers some of the key concepts including feature highlights, an overview of selected APIs, the structure of Job Scheduling Language, and a sample batch application. tutorial shows you how to execute a jtreg test case, an example of a test case, and a review of the log file produced.
- Diving into Scala: A Conversation with Java Champio Cay Horstman In an interview, he talks about Scala, misconceptions, the JVM and his book "Scala for the Impatient."
- Introducing Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 7 Whitepaper Java EE 7 developers will write less boilerplate code, have better support for the latest Web applications and frameworks, and gain access to enhanced scalability and richer, simpler functionality.
- Java EE 7, Java EE 7 SDK and GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 Learn about Java EE 7 platform, its tools, new APIs, documentation and new articles.
- Java API for WebSocket Developers can use this new API as part of Java EE 7 when they want to integrate WebSockets into their applications—both on the server side as well as on the Java client side.
- JDK 7 Update 40 Early Access ReleaseNew in this release, the 'Deployment Rule Set' is an optional feature which enables system administrators to establish a whitelist and a blacklist of known Java applets and Web Start Applications. This feature is intended to be used internally in an organization with a controlled environment. Learn more
- Java EE 7: Creating a background download manager using Java Batch in GlassFish 4.0 Batch is a new API in Java EE 7. Learn to build a simple download manager that is implemented using this new Batch specification.
- JDBC in Java Mission Control Learn how analyze your WebLogic data source usage
- Virtual Developer Day - Java In this free virtual event, you will learn about
HTML5 applications, improved developer productivity, and meeting enterprise demands using Java EE 7, as well as what's new in Java that helps you begin programming on a wide range of embedded devices.
- ADF Mobile Learn to build Java mobile apps for iOS and Android online. New free ecourse teaches you how to build on device mobile applications for both iOS and Android devices with Oracle ADF Mobile.
- Java Spotlight Podcast: Paul Parkinson on Life Saving Embedded Java
- Java Spotlight Podcast: Paul Parkinson on JSR 907: Transaction API 1.2
- Java Spotlight Podcast: Marina Vatkina on JSR 318: Interceptors 1.2
- Video: Using the WebSocket API in a Web Application Create a simple web application that enables collaboration between client browsers that are connected to a single WebSocket endpoint.
- Video: JTREG Tutorial - Part IV - Contributing to OpenJDK Balchandra Vaidyad describes the steps to participate the OpenJDK project. This video is part of a series on OpenJDK that touches on Jtreg testcase and TestNG test.
- Video: Java EE 7 Overview Arun Gupta talks about Java EE 7, its new and updated APIs.
- Video: License to Code The video of kick off for the Java EE 7 release
- Part 1: 12c Database and WLS – Overview & Part 2: 12c Database and WLS - Application Continuity
- Using Oracle JDBC Type Interfaces
WebLogic Partner Community
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Mix Forum Wiki