We are happy to announce that Oracle ADF Mobile is now available for our customers.
Oracle ADF Mobile enables developer to build applications that install and run on both iOS and Android devices from one source code.
Development is done with JDeveloper and ADF and leverages Java and HTML5 technologies, while keeping the same visual and declarative approach ADF is known for.
Please Click here to read more about the Oracle ADF Mobile release and learn more on our OTN Page.
- Java - Oracle brings a Java VM embedded with each application so you can develop all your business logic in the platform neutral language you know and love! (Yes, even iOS!)
- JDBC - Since we give you Java, we also provide JDBC along with a SQLite driver and engine that also supports encryption out of the box.
- Multi-Platform - Truly develop your application only once and deploy to multiple platforms. iOS and Android platforms are supported for both phone and tablet.
- Flexible - You can decide how to implement the UI:
- Use existing server-based UI framework like JSF.
- Use your own favorite HTML5 framework like JQuery.
- Use our declarative HTML5 component set provided with the framework.
- Secure - ADF Mobile provides integrated security that works with your server back-end as well. Whether you’re using remote URLs, local HTML or AMX, you can secure any/all of your features with a single consistent login page. Since we also give you SQLite encryption, we are assured that your data is safe.
- Rapid - Using the same development techniques that ADF developers are already used to, you can quickly create mobile applications without ever learning another language!ADF Mobile XML or AMX for short, provides all the normal input and layout controls you expect and we also add charts/maps/gauges along with it to provide a very comprehensive UI controls. You can also mix and match any of the three for ultimate flexibility!