Monday May 11, 2015
Wednesday Apr 29, 2015
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Apr 29, 2015
Check out the new IDC white paper, "Assessing the Business Value of Integrated Systems," addressing increased IT productivity and cost reductions when certain measures are taken. It also features SuperCluster and a major Oracle on Oracle customer, Specialized Bicycles.
This brief leverages IDC’s research among users of integrated systems and quantifies the business benefits they reported, as follows:
- 46.7% IT staff productivity improvement
- 60.7% increase in speed of application deployment
- 47.7% reduction in datacenter-related IT spending
Wednesday Apr 08, 2015
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Apr 08, 2015
Database clouds enable efficient consolidation of servers, storage, and database workloads.By utilizing the multitenant architecture Oracle Database 12c, customers can reduce operational costs, reduce the impact of maintenance and risk of failures, and become more agile in the data center. This includes rapid self-service provisioning of database services, and monitoring and metering of performant, reliable and secure database services on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Three customers (KPN, a telecommunications firm in the Netherlands e-DBA, a technology service provider in the UK, and State of Texas, a U.S government agency) share their DBaaS insights in the following guides:
- Guide to DBaaS Part 1 – Transforming Your IT Environment with a Database Cloud
- Guide to DBaaS Part 2 - Delivering DBaaS to Your Organization
Monday Feb 09, 2015
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Feb 09, 2015
- Oracle has produced a range of systems that are unlike others in the integrated systems market, and the term "engineered systems"describes this differentiation extremely well.
- One of the key differentiators of Oracle’s Engineered Systems is the inherent reliability, scalability, and performance that these systems deliver.
- While Oracle’s Engineered Systems are designed to address customers’ most pressing challenges in their data centers, central to Oracle’s Engineered Systems value proposition is the comprehensive support agreement that Oracle offers to customers.
- Oracle’s Engineered Systems deliver a solution that is engineered for a particular purpose: to deliver reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Oracle’s strategy is to provide solutions for businesses to focus on business issues not IT issues
- Oracle Engineered Systems simplify the management of data and databases for enterprise customers.
- One of the biggest strengths of Oracle’s range of Engineered Systems is the ability for these systems to all be interconnected and managed through a single management tool, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
Wednesday Oct 15, 2014
Monday Jun 30, 2014
Thursday Jun 26, 2014
Friday Mar 22, 2013
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Mar 22, 2013
On March 13, 2013, Oracle announced it has agreed to acquire Nimbula, a provider of private cloud infrastructure management software. Nimbula's technology helps companies manage infrastructure resources to deliver service, quality and availability, as well as workloads in private and hybrid cloud environments. Nimbula's product is complementary to Oracle, and is expected to be integrated with Oracle's cloud offerings. The transaction is expected to close in the first half of 2013. Learn more here.
Tuesday Jul 10, 2012
Featured partner: Avnet To Supply Oracle Enterprise Cloud Management Solutions In Middle East & North Africa Region
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Jul 10, 2012
"Global IT solutions distribution leader, Avnet Technology Solutions have been approved to distribute Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, a complete, integrated and business-driven enterprise cloud management solution, in the Middle East & North Africa region.
This will help Avnet which serve customers and suppliers in more than 70 countries to accelerate partners’ business growth in the region while providing support and enablement services to help them quickly address local opportunities.
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c creates business value from IT by leveraging the built-in management capabilities of the Oracle stack for traditional and cloud environments. Using this solution, customers have reported 12 times faster achievement of IT-business alignment.
According to Senior Director Oracle business MENA, Avnet Technology Solutions, Hani Barakat, “Enterprises in the Middle East and North Africa region can increase their efficiency and responsiveness while reducing costs and complexity for traditional data centers, virtualised, and cloud computing environments with the help of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.”
Monday Apr 23, 2012
By Javier Puerta-Oracle on Apr 23, 2012
In April 2012, Forrester Consulting initiated a research project focused on the potential return on investment (ROI) that enterprises may realize by adopting Oracle Real Application Testing. This study specifically focuses on the benefits of reliably managing change and performance in enterprise-wide systems using Oracle Real Application Testing. The most significant benefits realized for the four customers analyzed in the study are:
- 224% risk adjusted ROI over period of three years
- 5.9 months payback period
- Total business benefit of $5,936,022
- The Manageability Partner Community: How To Join
- Manageability Partner Community Collaborative Workspace
(Restricted - For members only)
- May 2015 issue of the Enterprise Manager Indepth Newsletter
- On Demand webcast: Managing Private Database Cloud Services with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- On Demand webcast: Best Practices for Migrating On-Premises Databases to the Cloud
- Get familiar with the fourth release of EM 12c!
- Registration for Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is officially open
- Harvard Business Review: Cloud Computing Comes of Age
- New IDC White Paper Evaluates Integrated Systems
- Private DBaaS & Consolidation Sales Tools
- Review your RAC 12c specialization credentials
- Thanks to all participants! Looking forward to next year event
- Manageability Partner Community EMEA
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Knowledge Zone
- Specialization: Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Specialization: Application Quality Management
- Enterprise Manager Newsletters Archive
- Oracle Enterprise Manager in OTN
- OTN Forum: Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control
- BrightTALK: Oracle Enterprise Manager channel (videos)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (videos)
- EMEA Partner Communities
- OPN Competency Center
- OTN Developer Days
- OPN Knowledge Zones
- Technology Newsletters
- Oracle Technology Network
Partner Events in EMEA
Connect and Network
Blogs for EMEA Partners
- /Community Events
- /Community News
- /Market News
- /Oracle Enterprise manager blog
- /Oracle News
- /Oracle OpenWorld
- /Product News