Tuesday Feb 04, 2014
Monday Dec 02, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Dec 02, 2013
The Database Admin? The Systems Admin? What about the storage admin? Brian Bream, CTO of Collier IT, gives us his opinion on the matter, as well as other reactions about the Exadata that he gets from the students of his Oracle University classes.
Friday May 10, 2013
By Javier Puerta on May 10, 2013
Jules Lane, Manageability Solution Architect at Oracle has written two new whitepapers describing the manageaility aspects of the Exalytics platform.
Improved performance and capacity and a more agile project implementation are primary drivers for Exalytics, however, a great additional benefit is the potential to reduce administration and management costs by 20-40% as compared to traditional platforms, hence dramatically reducing the Total Cost of Ownership.
The target audience is operations managers and team leaders and technical architects.
- Part 1 is sales oriented and discusses the potential offered by Exalytics for more than 20-40% savings in the costs of operational management of Oracle B.I. systems, and what actions should be taken to fully realize it. These relate to people (and their organisation structure), processes and technology.
- Part 2 is more post sales oriented and has a summary of the key points in Part 1 one but also a detailed discussion of best practices around carrying out the actual administration tasks for each part of the Exalytics stack.
Manageability Community members can download the files from the Community Workspace. (Download here)
(Remember that you need to be a registered community member to have access to the workspace. Otherwise you will get an error message. You can register here)
By Javier Puerta on May 10, 2013
Blogger, Hans Forbrich of Forbrich Consulting, has posted the first in a six part series on "Debunking some persistent myths about Oracle Enterprise Manager".
Thursday Mar 21, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Mar 21, 2013
Press release from Blue Medora:
"Wednesday, March 20, 2013, GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. — Today, enterprise management and monitoring solution developer Blue Medora announced they have achieved an important milestone for their Oracle Enterprise Manager Plugin for VMware. The plugin, which allows for deeper monitoring and management for users deploying VMware virtual machines as part of their Oracle enterprise virtualization, achieved the Oracle Validated Integration designation from the enterprise management giant."
Read full press release and more info about Blue Medora plugins for Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Blue Medora will be presenting at the Exadata, Exalogic and Manageability Partner Community Forum in Vienna, 23-24 April, 2013, and are willing to meet with EMEA partners.
Tuesday Feb 05, 2013
By Javier Puerta on Feb 05, 2013
New whitepapers have been published on Exadata Operational Management. These whitepapers are a must for anyone involved in managing Exadata environments.
The whitepapers are available for download for Manageability Community members: (If you are not a community member you will get an error. You should first register here)
- Living with Exadata - Executive Summary
- Managing Exadata Part 1 - Operational Management Benefits - Jan2013
- Managing Exadata Part 2 - Administration Tasks and Tools - Jan2013
- Operational Impact of Deploying an Oracle Engineered System - Exadata - Oct 2012
Monday May 14, 2012
By Javier Puerta on May 14, 2012
Check the new marketing kit to help you generate sales around Enterprise Manager 12c:
Monday Nov 28, 2011
By Javier Puerta on Nov 28, 2011
Atos’ Expertise in Test & Acceptance Management and Oracle Application Testing Suite Form a Winning Combination for Oracle Fusion Applications Customers. Clients can bring Oracle Fusion Applications to market faster and more cost effectively.
See full press release here
Friday Sep 02, 2011
By Javier Puerta on Sep 02, 2011
The EMEA Partner Community for Manageability is the place where partners in Europe, Middle East and Africa can share experiences and best practices about selling and implementing Oracle Manageability solutions.
You will also receive first-hand information from Oracle on products, training and tools that can help you better market, sell and implement your Manageability projects and services
Who should I join the Community?
- Community membership is for individuals. If you are working for a company that is an Oracle partner and your job is selling, implementing or supporting Manageability solutions in EMEA then this community is for you.
How is this different from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Knowledge Zone?
- The Oracle Enterprise Manager Knowledge Zone is the fundamental source of information from Oracle for partners interested in specializing on Oracle Enterprise Manager. It is higly recommended that you get access to the Knowledge Zones related to the product areas of your interest. To get access to any of the Knowledge Zones an application must be completed by the Partner Program Administrator for your company.
- The Manageability Partner Community complements the Knowledge Zone by providing partners with information which is specific for the EMEA market (market, references, training, events..) and it is also a mechanism to share experiences and best practices among partners in marketing, selling, implementing and supporting Manageability projects.
How to join?
- For you to be able to register as an individual, your company must be member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and should be working towards becoming OPN Specialized in Manageability. If this is the case then Join the EMEA Partner Community for Manageability Now!
- If your company is not an OPN member yet, then Join Oracle PartnerNetwork first.
How do you get access to the information for the community members?
We use two mechanisms to provide and share information:
- The EMEA Manageability Partner Community blog. This is a public blog and we use it to provide quick and easy communication to the community members. For detailed or restricted material we will point you to a restricted area
- The EMEA Manageability Partner Community Collaborative Workspace. This is an area with restricted access that only community members can access. It contains materials from community events, sales kits, implementation experiences... reserved to community members. It also allows for partners to share content and collaborate with other community members. You will get access to this restricted area when you register as a member of the EMEA Manageability Partner Community.
I hope that you will find useful the resources and the experience exchange provided by the community. If you need help or any further clarification, don't hesitate to contact us!
Director Core Technology Partner Programs
Oracle Alliances & Channels EMEA
Phone: +34 916 312 141
Mobile: +34 609 062 373
EMEA Partner Programs for Manageability
Oracle EMEA Technology
Phone: +31 306 627 969
Mobile: +31 611 954 277
- The Manageability Partner Community: How To Join
- Manageability Partner Community Collaborative Workspace
(Restricted - For members only)
- Oracle University Experts Summit, London 19-21 May, 2014
- April issue of the Enterprise Manager Indepth Newsletter
- Presentations and photos from the Prague Partner Community Forum now available
- Playing Nice Together: Acme Bank & Proligence
- Call for Presentation Proposals - Enterprise Manager
- Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne planning has begun!
- Back from the Partner Community Forum in Prague: Thanks to all participants!
- Oracle Openworld - Call for Proposals is Now Open: submit by April 15
- Registration Now Open for Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2014
- Everything ready for the Exadata, Exalogic and Manageability Partner Forum in Prague, 1-2 April 2014
- Manageability Partner Community EMEA
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Knowledge Zone
- Specialization: Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Specialization: Application Quality Management
- Enterprise Manager Newsletters Archive
- Oracle Enterprise Manager in OTN
- OTN Forum: Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control
- BrightTALK: Oracle Enterprise Manager channel (videos)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (videos)
- EMEA Partner Communities
- OPN Competency Center
- OTN Developer Days
- OPN Knowledge Zones
- OPN Specialization
- Technology Newsletters
- Oracle Technology Network
Partner Events in EMEA
Connect and Network
Blogs for EMEA Partners
- /Community Events
- /Community News
- /Market News
- /Oracle Enterprise manager blog
- /Oracle News
- /Oracle OpenWorld
- /Product News