Monday Mar 03, 2014
By Claudia Caramelli-Oracle on Mar 03, 2014
SOURCE: Oracle Hardware Blog
ATOS, a leading international IT services outsourcing provider, has implemented Oracle SuperCluster
as a complete, high-availability, multi-tenancy infrastructure,
increasing performance, increasing profits, and providing higher
services levels to customers.
With Oracle SuperCluster support for multi-tenancy through virtualization, and Oracle Exadata Storage engineered and performance optimized, ATOS significantly increased batch processing with more than 10x more IOPS with Oracle Exadata Storage X3-2.
The optimized Oracle SuperCluster engineered system includes Oracle Exadata, Oracle Solaris 11, ran batch jobs 1.5x faster as compared to the former IBM AIX platform, which was consolidated to Oracle SuperCluster.
With Oracle SuperCluster ECC DRAM providing more
memory per processor, it is ideal for in-memory workloads and large
vertically scaled multi-tenancy databases and applications including
Business benefits are significant, with profit margins are projected to increase through a significant reduction of software license costs by 1.5x due to the higher performance and capacity of Oracle SuperCluster. Rapid provisioning increased ATOS service levels, and requires fewer resources to manage incident services.
As a single Oracle Engineered System, Oracle SuperCluster is intrinsically high-availability, tested and integrated by Oracle, and was rapidly deployed.
- Dedicated to EMEA Partners: Next Generation Oracle Database Appliance: June 2nd at 11am CET
- New: Oracle Infrastructure Blog
- SPARC T7 Demo Equipment Purchase Initiative
- Re-play Available! Secure Cloud with Software in Silicon: New Business Opportunity for Oracle Partners
- Invitation - Secure Cloud with Software in Silicon: New Business Opportunity for Oracle Partners
- Oracle Database Appliance - Strategy and Product Updates
- For ISV's: Oracle Database Appliance: Your Solution in a Box
- PCA: new success story, new video, new infographics!
- Register Now! Oracle Systems, the Foundation of Cloud
- Save the date! Oracle Systems: the Foundation of Cloud Sales Training Dedicated to EMEA Partners