By Hartmut Wiese on Apr 17, 2014
One of the most challenging elements of the supply chain is planning. Without a single and comprehensive view of planning data, it’s extremely difficult to make efficient decisions that ensure customers are meeting their business goals. To help organizations address this challenge and achieve real-time visibility into supply and demand planning, Oracle has introduced Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor. Utilizing the extreme performance delivered by Oracle Engineered Systems, the new Oracle In-Memory Application enables real-time insight into supply and demand; allowing organizations to make faster, better decisions that maximize revenue and increase profits.
- Thousands of SKUs and hundreds of thousands of components that make up those SKUs cause material planners/buyers to search through huge amounts of data to know if their supply can meet the demand. This new application enables planners and buyers to make critical decisions in supply sourcing, based on real time planning information, and shop floor realities. Graphical indicators allow planners to easily visualize and make sense of hundreds of thousands of MRP messages in real-time. This new In Memory application provides a transformational approach to allow companies to innovate and significantly change how they do business today.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor is specifically built and optimized for extreme performance on Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, and Oracle SuperCluster which can manage large and complex data sets in real-time, central to in-memory applications.
· Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability. Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor is yet another example that Oracle applications run best on Oracle systems.
Real-Time Insight into Supply and Demand
- In order to understand if supply meets demand, material planners and buyers need to view days of supply, current inventory levels, supply and demand, inventory in inspection, past due supply, available to promise, held lots, and safety stock information. Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor consists of two primary components that combine existing functionality of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) / Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) with new real-time functionality in order to see all of this information in one place:
- Planning Advisor Summary: A workspace that allows planners to view summary information about their items, including current inventory on hand, days until first receipt, safety stock and lead time.
- In-Memory Planning Advisor Console: Helps planners manage fluctuating supply and demand by seeing in real-time how factors such as bringing in dates, increasing quantities or canceling supply will impact the overall supply required to meet demand.