New Co-Sell process in FY13
By Hartmut Wiese-Oracle on Jan 18, 2013
Oracle is using its own Fusion CRM System internally to manage opportunities. Important to understand is the changes within the Co-Sell process. What is a Co-Sell opportunity?
Compared to a pure direct license deal we distinguish between:
- a resell deal where a Partner is doing the Sales and the deal get signed on Partner paper (maybe supported from Oracle people)
- a Co-Sell deal where an Oracle Sales gets signed on Oracle paper but where this deal was strategically supported by a partner. It is a direct deal but the involved Partner gets recognized for his effort.
Partners get two kinds of recognition for Co-Sell deals:
-these transactions get counted as a business criteria within the Oracle Specialization Program and
-the revenue is recognized as part of the agreed Business Plan.
These are two major points why a partner should carefully verify if he is entered in the Oracle Fusion CRM opportunity header correctly.
These are the defined activities that a partner can be considered to be entered into the Opportunity Header:
- Approved Partner Solution:Deal is critically influenced through the use of a Partner developed Oracle Solution
- Demo Support: Partner leads and executes demo based on Oracle Solution
- Lead Source: Qualified Lead provided to Oracle directly by Partner
- References: Partner provides unique reference to assist with License Sales
- Sales Cycle Support: Partner provided significant value-add in support of an ongoing sales cycle
- Implementer: Partner presents to the customer a credible and low risk implementation plan
There is an internal Oracle process established each partner manager is trained on. Please communicate with your Partner manager in order to get your good work recognized. I definitely know that several deals each quarter are not correctly treated. I want each partner to be aware that this process exists and you can claim your recognition through your Partner Manager.