By Hartmut Wiese-Oracle on Aug 04, 2014
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Adopts Oracle Database In-Memory to Transform Business Processes
Oracle Database In-Memory transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to derive business insights rapidly from real-time analytics while at the same time multiplying transactional performance. Oracle Database In-Memory delivers extreme performance—with numerous use cases demonstrating processing speeds hundreds or thousands of times faster than those of conventional databases. Oracle Database In-Memory delivers this level of performance without requiring new versions of applications, without restricting the existing functionality of applications, and without increasing complexity or risk.
Deploying Oracle Database 12c with existing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications compatible with Oracle Database is as easy as flipping a switch—no application changes are required. The benefits of Oracle Database 12c will transform the way you use your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications including:
1. Easy Adoption – Existing JD Edwards customers who have deployed applications on Oracle Database technology can dramatically increase the value of these applications by immediately applying the Oracle Database In-Memory option without the need to modify applications. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne certification with Oracle Database 12c begins with Tools 9.1.4, and adopting the new Oracle Database In-Memory option is an easy add-on
2. Faster Decision-Making – Oracle Database In-Memory implements leading-edge columnar data processing to accelerate analytics by orders of magnitude, multiplying the number of data values analyzed per second to provide answers instantly that would take minutes or hours to obtain without In-Memory. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne running on Oracle Database In-Memory is up to 4000X faster, depending on data volume and use case. With Oracle Database In-Memory, EnterpriseOne ad-hoc query capabilities provide immediate answers to unanticipated but urgent questions such as:
· What sales orders are assigned to a carrier that is on strike?
· Is a recalled lot for a product committed to any sales orders?
3. Improved Business Processes – JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications with Oracle Database 12c In-Memory will process information immediately allowing users to ask more “what if” questions to obtain a better understanding of data in real time. The ability to analyze thousands and even millions of rows in seconds eliminates the need for batch jobs, data exports, and third party systems, resulting in streamlined business processes.
With Oracle Database In-Memory, JD Edwards applications can now access and extract business value from strategic data instantaneously. Iterative analysis that would historically take hours now takes only minutes or seconds to process. And with Oracle Database 12c you are Cloud-ready!
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Oracle Database 12c
- Larry Ellison’s Oracle Database In-Memory Video