By Hartmut Wiese-Oracle on Dec 10, 2014
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to continuous innovation for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 Application releases. Tools 9.1 Update 5 will enable JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to achieve competitive advantage by improving IT processes, driving down costs, and overall transforming their business.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1.5 Overview
Every JD Edwards EnterpriseOne installation is supported by a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools release delivering an innovative user experience, scalability, high performance, and security for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application modules. Tools update releases are typically delivered every six to twelve months and contain new feature enhancements, new platform certifications, and product maintenance.
The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 release (Tools 9.1.5) includes key enhancements to support the end-user experience, Oracle In-Memory database option, One View Reporting, System Administration, and Server Management.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne end-user experience enhancements include:
• A modern application look based on an updated style sheet called ‘Alta’ including changes in colors, fonts, icons, tabs, and buttons. This enhancement helps standardize the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne UI to match other Oracle ERP product and cloud offerings.
• Simplified media objects with the ability to drag and drop files from the desktop.
• Improved menu navigation using “breadcrumbs”, which provides quick access to recently run applications by preserving recent breadcrumbs between user sessions.
• Simplified user interface navigation designed for the casual or infrequent user. Configurable by user or role, EnterpriseOne Pages provide simplified navigation, contain minimal applications, and exclude extra features such as menus and the carousel.
• Improved calendar and email integration enabling users to send email and create meeting invitations from any application with a link back to the application.
JD Edwards One View Reporting Usability features provide the ability to:
• Display a notification or warning message when a report exceeds the maximum amount of records that can be displayed and is configurable for PDFs that are shared among users.
• Display the query criteria used on the application to generate the One View Report.
• Simplify interaction by using a drill-back link from a report to automatically start the process of loading results into the called application.
Server Management and System Administration enhancements for:
• Management of mobile applications through Server Manager to include the daily tracking of key metrics such as connected users, connected device type, mobile application and version, monitoring, and logging.
• Reduce the time to build and deploy modifications and patches to servers by removing the requirement to build a client package prior to the build of a server package.
• Support for clustered Business Services Server instance for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne outbound web services and Application Interface Services (AIS) Server to enable scalability, load balancing, and high availability for JD Edwards environments.
Platform Product Certifications to support:
• Maintenance of your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne infrastructure with the latest platform components from Oracle and our technology vendors.
• Oracle Database 220.127.116.11, including the Database In-Memory option
• Oracle Database 12.1.x on IBM AIX and HP-UX
• Internet Explorer 11 in native mode, rather than in compatibility mode
• IBM DB2 on IBM AIX and Microsoft Windows
• IBM i 7.2
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is the final planned update to Tools 9.1. The next planned tools release is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2.
Available as part of standard maintenance, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is available for Application releases 9.0 (including Updates 1 & 2) and 9.1 (including Update 2). JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is not compatible with application releases preceding JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.0.
- Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Documentation Overview
- Known Issues and Workarounds for Tools 9.1 Update 5
- Minimum Technical Requirements for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are available from the “Certifications” tab on My Oracle Support