Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to
continuous innovation for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 Application
releases. Tools 9.1 Update 5 will enable JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to
achieve competitive advantage by improving IT processes, driving down costs,
and overall transforming their business.
Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1.5 Overview
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne installation is supported by a JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne Tools release delivering an innovative user experience,
scalability, high performance, and security for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
application modules. Tools update releases are typically delivered every six to
twelve months and contain new feature enhancements, new platform
certifications, and product maintenance.
Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 release (Tools 9.1.5) includes key
enhancements to support the end-user experience, Oracle In-Memory database
option, One View Reporting, System Administration, and Server Management.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne end-user
experience enhancements include:
• A modern application look based on an updated style
sheet called ‘Alta’ including changes in colors, fonts, icons, tabs, and
buttons. This enhancement helps standardize the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne UI to
match other Oracle ERP product and cloud offerings.
• Simplified media objects with the ability to drag and
drop files from the desktop.
• Improved menu navigation using “breadcrumbs”, which
provides quick access to recently run applications by preserving recent
breadcrumbs between user sessions.
• Simplified user interface navigation designed for the
casual or infrequent user. Configurable by user or role, EnterpriseOne Pages
provide simplified navigation, contain minimal applications, and exclude extra
features such as menus and the carousel.
• Improved calendar and email integration enabling users
to send email and create meeting invitations from any application with a link
back to the application.
JD Edwards One View Reporting
Usability features provide the ability to:
• Display a notification or warning message when a report
exceeds the maximum amount of records that can be displayed and is configurable
for PDFs that are shared among users.
• Display the query criteria used on the application to
generate the One View Report.
• Simplify interaction by using a drill-back link from a
report to automatically start the process of loading results into the called
Server Management and System
Administration enhancements for:
• Management of mobile applications through Server Manager
to include the daily tracking of key metrics such as connected users, connected
device type, mobile application and version, monitoring, and logging.
• Reduce the time to build and deploy modifications and
patches to servers by removing the requirement to build a client package prior
to the build of a server package.
• Support for clustered Business Services Server instance
for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne outbound web services and Application Interface
Services (AIS) Server to enable scalability, load balancing, and high availability
for JD Edwards environments.
Platform Product Certifications to
• Maintenance of your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
infrastructure with the latest platform components from Oracle and our
• Oracle Database 126.96.36.199, including the Database
• Oracle Database 12.1.x on IBM AIX and
• Internet Explorer 11 in native mode,
rather than in compatibility mode
• IBM DB2 on IBM AIX and Microsoft
• IBM i 7.2
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Tools 9.1 Update 5 is the final planned update to Tools 9.1. The next planned
tools release is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2.
Available as part of
standard maintenance, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is available
for Application releases 9.0 (including Updates 1 & 2) and 9.1 (including
Update 2). JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 is not compatible with
application releases preceding JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.0.