» Approximately 3-4 hours of presentation and Q&A during AM.
» Participants will independently work on laboratory activities after the 3-4 hours presentation.
» You will also have access to a forum where you will be able to post questions. We are monitoring this forum to ensure that you will get prompt assistance as you independently work on assigned laboratory work in the afternoon.
» Access to Oracle Cloud partner community forum.
This 3-day fast-paced workshop will cover the following deep-dive topics with live and recorded demos and hands-on labs:
» Oracle Infrastructure as a Service Overview
» Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Architecture Overview, Terminology and Concepts
- Networking Service – Define your own private Virtual Cloud Networks
- Compute Service - Flexibility to build and scale most demanding workloads
- Block Volume and Object Storage Services - Protect and serve mission-critical data
- Governance Service - Cloud resource control and security at scale
- Load Balancer as a Service - Build highly-available, scalable and secure applications in the cloud
- FastConnect - Private connectivity across on-premises and cloud networks
- Edge Services - Optimize user experience for the modern Oracle cloud
- Databases on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - High Performance, on-demand Oracle Database and Exadata Cloud Service
- Deployment Automation - Automate your OCI application deployment
- Oracle Container Cloud Service - Build, deploy, operate container-native apps
- Oracle Ravello Cloud Service - Enterprise VMWare workloads on Oracle Cloud infrastructure
- Oracle Applications Unlimited on OCI - Run Oracle Applications (JDE, Ebiz, Peoplesoft) on OCI
- Use cases and Solution Architectures - Identify appropriate OCI services to build solution architectures
- Oracle Cloud Cost Estimator - Cost Estimation & Pricing
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Roadmap and future enhancements
» Hands-on Labs
- Hands-on Lab: Compute Cloud Service basic operations
- Create instances
- Virtual Networking – Network Groups, Security Lists, Access Rules, IP Networks
- Block Storage
- Hands-on Lab: Docker Containers on Oracle Linux instances in Compute
- Hands-on Lab: Instance Configuration Management
- Hands-on Lab: Compute Cloud Service API
- Hands-on Lab: Orchestration Best Practices – using Cloud UI and API
- Hands-on Lab: Storage Cloud Service API
- Hands-on Lab: Deploying workloads on Oracle Compute with Chef
- Hands-on Lab: Deploying Oracle Cloud Marketplace images in Compute
- Hands-on Lab: Provision using Terraform
- Hands-on Lab: Running VMs on Oracle Ravello Cloud Service, Network Overlay Configuration
- Hands-on Lab: Create Resource Pool, Define Application Stack with Docker Compose YAML, Deploying Container workload
» Oracle Compute Cloud Service-Classic and Oracle Cloud@Customer
- Architecture Overview
- Compute-Classic - Predictable performance and network isolation
- Storage Classic - Block Storage-Classic, Object Storage-Classic and Archive Storage-Classic for all enterpise needs
- Networking Classic – Define your own network in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic
- FastConnect - Private connectivity across on-premises and Oracle cloud networks
- Databases on Oracle Cloud@Customer -Fully Managed Cloud Services in Customer Data center
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Roadmap and future enhancements
» Workshop Objectives
- Provide deep technical understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Help understand Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services to build, deploy run and manage enterprise applications
- Help make architectural decisions based on the Oracle recommended architectural best practices
- Use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services to build scalable,reliable and highly available enterprise applications
Cloud Architects, Dev Ops Engineers, IT Ops Engineers, AMS Consultants, System, Database and Weblogic Administrators.
Attendees will learn how to run and manage infrastructre as a service and Platform as a Service.
Familiarity with following topics is recommended:
- Deploying solutions on cloud providers such as Amazon EC2, Azure or deploying applications on-premise
- Virtualization, Linux administration & scripting
- REST/JSON and Curl
- Configuration Management using Chef, Puppet etc.
» Oracle Compute Cloud Service Introduction
» Oracle Compute Cloud Data Sheet
» Oracle Compute Cloud FAQ
» Oracle Compute Cloud Get Started Videos
» Oracle Compute Cloud Service User Interface Walk-through
Be Recognized and Become a IaaS Certified Specialist - request a
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic 2018 Associate Architect Exam 1Z0-337 (Renamed) and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2018 Architect Associate exam 1Z0-932 (NEW) are designed for recognizing individuals who demonstrate the knowledge to architect and implement Oracle IaaS. Individuals who earn this certification are able to detail, subscribe, deploy, configure, and utilize Oracle Infrastructure as a Service services. That gives the partner additional benefit, expertise and recognition in Oracle IaaS among partners ecosystem and OPN specialized program.
Request a FREE voucher by filling in the request form after you have attended this workshop. This is a big commitment for you and we encourage you to be well prepared.
Upon approval participant will receive an email confirmation including instructions. Please note that workshop registrations will be closed one week prior the workshop in order for participants to have proper preparation time and in order for Oracle to set up hands on environment for participants.
EMEA Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org