Oracle Social Cloud Expands Global Language Resources to Help Businesses Listen to Customers Worldwide
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jul 11, 2014
Oracle Social Cloud Adds Advanced Listening and Monitoring for Bahasa, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish
With organizations entering global marketplaces and engaging customers worldwide, Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM), an Oracle Social Cloud business solution, has added advanced listening and monitoring support for Bahasa, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish. The improvements reflect Oracle’s commitment to making social media a high value channel for customer engagement—enabling businesses to increase market penetration and deliver personalized and localized experiences. Oracle SRM now supports 18 languages with advanced keyword and Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA) listening. Oracle also offers natural language processing for sophisticated sentiment analysis in Chinese, English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish, with more to come.
- Oracle Social Relationship Management is a cloud service that helps businesses manage and scale customer relationships on social media channels. Businesses can now use Oracle SRM to listen to conversations about their brand, industry, or competitive landscape in a broader range of languages.
- eMarketer predicts that the global social network audience will reach 2.3 billion by 2017. To connect with socially engaged customers, businesses must listen, publish, and learn without barriers to location or language. Advanced listening, sentiment analysis, and monitoring across languages, including on regional social networks and websites, is crucial for global businesses.
- Oracle’s advanced language support further establishes Oracle SRM as the industry’s only unified, global social business solution. Oracle’s market-leading text analysis, powered by LSA, cuts through the noise to expose contextual meaning and deliver more accurate, precise, and relevant insights. Oracle Social capabilities reveal actionable insights like consumer intent, product likes/dislikes, and customer service issues.
- For each language supported, Oracle SRM also adds new data sources relevant to each language, including country-specific social networks, blogs, forums, and news sites, providing access to more than 700 million messages daily. Oracle SRM provides user interfaces and publishing in 31 languages, in addition to the expanding advanced listening, sentiment analysis and data sources.
- This language support and simplification enables Oracle SRM customers to obtain rich insights into the content of social and web messages, enabling them to easily identify and act on the messages most relevant to them.
- “With the global social networking audience reaching 2.33 billion by 2017, there is no doubt that successful businesses need to be globally social,” said Meg Bear, Group Vice President, Oracle Social Cloud. “Removing language barriers is critical to improving an organization’s social listening, learning and engagement capabilities. We are committed to supporting and expanding our global resources to help our customers deliver better service to their customers worldwide.”