Oracle helps dunnhumby transform its global processes via the cloud
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jul 11, 2014
Customer science pioneer chooses Oracle Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, HCM Cloud and ERP Cloud to standardize global processes and help drive business growth
Reading, UK – July 8, 2014
dunnhumby, the world’s leading customer science company, has broken new ground as one of the first organisations to implement a unique suite of Oracle cloud solutions, including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle Hyperion Managed Cloud Service and Oracle Business Intelligence Applications Managed Cloud Service to help streamline its operations and continue to drive its rapid growth. Working with organizations such as Tesco PLC, The Kroger Co., Macy’s and Coca-Cola, dunnhumby analyses data from more than 400 million customers across the globe for its clients and helps them transform their businesses by putting the people they serve at the heart of their decision-making. By adopting the full stack of Oracle solutions, dunnhumby has enhanced its front and back-office processes with a state-of-the-art applications platform and an integrated enterprise applications suite.
- Following dunnhumby’s rapid growth and accelerating expansion – both organically and via acquisitions – the company wanted to globalize, simplify, and better-integrate its business processes. The world’s leading customer science company also sought to develop more agile, flexible and scalable back-office systems to accommodate further expansion and ongoing innovation in its products and services
- As a result, dunnhumby worked with KPMG Management Consulting to design a programme to select a fully integrated software solution in line with its ambitious growth plans
- To develop the capabilities required to sustain its rapid growth and commitment to innovation, dunnhumby selected a full range of Oracle Cloud solutions, including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, ERP Cloud, and Oracle HCM Cloud, along with Oracle Hyperion Managed Cloud Service and Oracle Business Intelligence Managed Cloud Service
- The applications will be delivered as a unified solution, and will provide dunnhumby with insight across its entire operation more quickly and accurately while strengthening the management of its end-to-end processes using a single unified platform
- dunnhumby will also benefit from the cost savings offered by an integrated solution that offers the flexibility of both public and private clouds
- With Oracle Cloud Applications, dunnhumby will be able to innovate faster with less risk, accelerate the conversion of new services into value, and respond to shifting market conditions with greater flexibility
- dunnhumby, with support from KPMG, explored solutions from multiple vendors, ultimately choosing the Oracle stack for the superior analytics and low total cost of ownership it offered, and because Oracle offered the company a fully integrated suite of software
- KPMG brought expertise from having worked with multiple software vendors and helped dunnhumby in evaluating a range of systems options before finally selecting the Oracle solutions
- Andrew Hamilton, Global Head of Strategic Planning at dunnhumby said: “At dunnhumby, we always strive to find new and better ways to innovate and collaborate across markets. Oracle’s suite of Cloud Solutions will enable us to streamline our global processes and deliver new operating models as we continue to grow – helping us go further, faster in our drive to win the loyalty of more than 1bn customers around the world”.
- Mark Newton, Vice President of UK Applications, at Oracle said: “Oracle’s ability to bring CX, HCM and ERP together as a unified cloud applications suite sets it apart from other vendors, and presents an attractive proposition for any modern business. By integrating our combined public cloud solutions with business intelligence applications in the cloud, dunnhumby will be able to modernise its operations, boost efficiency, and increase business agility across all of its global offices.”