Oracle Customer Experience Applications Critical to Success in Today’s Consumer-Centric Market
By Richard Lefebvre on Jul 24, 2012
A guest post by Anthony Lye, SVP Oracle Development
We’ve entered a new era for customer relations: the age of the empowered consumer. With proliferating social media and mobile technology, customers expect to interact with businesses constantly, from anywhere and at anytime. This new era demands state-of-the-art, integrated customer relations, as customer experience is now theprimary differentiator and driver of business value.
During the next five years, if businesses lack awareness of their customer touchpoints—any of them—they will leave the door wide open to brand erosion and smarter competition. There are 5 especially crucial aspects of customer relations for organizations to consider:
- Social media: Optimizing online presence, especially by generating positive, timely posts and comments on Facebook, Twitter and other social outlets can define business’ reputations, as 65 percent of Americans do Internet research before they shop.
- Mobile marketing, sales and service: Customers expect a mobile experience that’s sophisticated, context-aware and automatic. Streamlined mobility will be a deciding factor in customers’ choice to interact with businesses.
- Multi-channel marketing and sales: Today’s market embraces a “commerce anywhere” sales approach. As such, companies need to integrate their approach across touchpoints and interactions that go way beyond just social and mobile to wherever and whenever customers engage businesses. In any location, at any time of day, customers need to receive relevant content that drives sales.
- Customer and business insight: Companies must invest in Web analytics and business intelligence (BI) tools to clearly see how customers operate, how best to target different groups, and how various touchpoints do or don’t bring profit.
- Addressing changing markets and technology: As Customer Experience technologies change at breakneck pace, so too do customer demographics. Global business expansion, especially to developing countries, means e-commerce organizations need to scale up their operations to handle increased visitor loads, and manage more complex security concerns.
Overwhelmed? Don’t be. Oracle offers Customer Experience solutions that connect all interactions within a brand. Our applications deliver targeted promotions and offers to customers, personalize product displays for particular devices, engage customers at the point of need by proactively helping them answer immediate questions, and build long-term brand loyalty.
At the Customer Experience Online Forum on July 31 I’ll discuss further Oracle’s cloud-based Customer Experience solutions—the most reliable and secure enterprise cloud services available.
I hope you’ll join me.