Oracle Buys BigMachines - Adds Leading Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) Cloud to the Oracle Cloud to Enable Smarter Selling
By Richard Lefebvre on Oct 23, 2013
- Oracle today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire BigMachines, a leading cloud-based Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) solution provider.
- BigMachines’ CPQ Cloud accelerates the conversion of sales opportunities into revenue by automating the sales order process with guided selling, dynamic pricing, and an easy-to-use workflow approval process, accessible anywhere, on any device.
- Companies that use sales automation technology often rely on manual, cumbersome and disconnected processes to convert opportunities into orders. This creates errors, adds costs, delays revenue, and degrades the customer experience.
- BigMachines’ CPQ cloud extends sales automation to include the creation of an optimal quote, which enables sales personnel to easily configure and price complex products, select the best options, promotions and deal terms, and include up sell and renewals, all using automated workflows.
- In combination with Oracle’s enterprise-grade cloud solutions, including Marketing, Sales, Social, Commerce and Service Clouds, Oracle and BigMachines will create an end-to-end smarter selling cloud solution so sales personnel are more productive, customers are more satisfied, and companies grow revenue faster.
“The fundamental goals of smarter selling are to provide sales teams with the information, access, and insights they need to maximize revenue opportunities and execute on all phases of the sales cycle,” said Thomas Kurian, Executive Vice President, Oracle Development. “By adding BigMachines’ CPQ Cloud to the Oracle Cloud, companies will be able to drive more revenue and increase customer satisfaction with a seamlessly integrated process across marketing and sales, pricing and quoting, and fulfillment and service.”