Deli XL (NL) Improves Online Customer Experience, Turnover, and Margins with New Oracle E-Commerce Platform
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Apr 16, 2013
Part of the Bidvest Group, Deli XL is Holland’s leading food distribution company. The organization offers a complete product and solution range for the business-to-business food service market. Deli XL serves more than 30,000 customers with a product range of more than 60,000 items from 800 suppliers. Customers include hotels and restaurants, care facilities, schools, lunch rooms, amusement parks, and conference centers. The company’s products range from fresh and frozen food, to cutlery and cleaning products, as well as services, such as food and beverage concepts, product range analysis, and food service efficiency tools. Deli XL’s has private labels include Deli XL Huismerk, Fresh4You, Kook, Vers&Zo, and Reuser & Smulders.
Deli XL wanted to replace its custom-built legacy Web store with a single, online platform that supports multiple Websites to serve customers better, faster, and more cost-effectively as they place and track orders. It selected Oracle ATG Web Commerce for its new e-commerce platform—enhancing customization capabilities for customer profiles, increasing up- and cross-selling opportunities, and improving the overall customer experience.
Oracle ATG Web Commerce:
- Developed a reliable, high-performance Web store and open platform, offering relevant and inspiring food advice, including cooking tips, recipes, and suggestions about complementary products, tailored to the customer’s profile and orders, enabling a significant increase in cross- and up-selling
- Provided an e-commerce environment that spurred online revenue growth and improved profit margins by offering customers suggestions about complementary or alternative products during the ordering process
- Completed the Oracle ATG Web Commerce implementation for 20,000 online customers within 12 months, thanks to a support team from Deli XL, Oracle partner Mindcurv, and Oracle ATG Consulting Services
- Implemented an e-commerce solution that is part of the company’s supply chain automation and optimization roadmap, enhancing commerce and supply chain potential
- Launched Oracle ATG Web Commerce with three pilot customers initially and received strong positive response from those using the new platform
“Oracle ATG Web Commerce’s stability and superior functionality made it an easy choice for Deli XL. The solution’s ability to customize proposals for cross- and up-selling purposes, as well as its easy-to-use platform made it our first choice in replacing our legacy e-commerce platform,” said Rene Van Gelderen, director IT and program management, Deli XL.
Read more here