Deal Registration Moves to Oracle Partner Store (OPS)- The Four Action Items for Partners
By Richard Lefebvre on Oct 11, 2012
In November 2012, Oracle’s partner deal registration process will move to the Oracle Partner Store (OPS). During this time, OPS will become the single source for partners to register deals, obtain deal status, and place orders.
What will partners need to do?
1. Request an OPS Account – If your company is new to OPS the first thing you need to do is request an account (if your company already has an OPS account, go to step 2). It’s important to have the person who will be managing your OPS account make this request as soon as possible. They will be set up as your company’s primary administrator.
2. Set-Up Users in OPS – Setup of users can start immediately, and will be handled by the primary OPS administrator at your company. The process is simple, but all existing users of Global PRM (Partner Relationship Management) deal registration will need to be set up in OPS before November 14, 2012.
3. Review/Action Any Registrations Pending Submission in PRM – Prior to November 14, 2012, all pending registrations should be submitted in the existing PRM system. It is important that this step is complete so registrations will not need to be re-entered when the system is moved to OPS on November 17, 2012. Registrations pending submission are easily identified on the registration listing screen with either “Incomplete” or “Returned to Partner” in the status column.
4. Attend Training – Oracle will offer multiple VAD and VAR training sessions beginning October 29, 2012. It is recommended that all users attend one of these important sessions.
Detailed instructions on each of these tasks can be found on the OPS Information Page. OPS will offer several enhancements to the deal registration process, including:
- Simplified Registration Form
- Easier Product Selection
- Expanded Browser Support
- Shared Registration Visibility Between VAD and VAR
- Pre-set Customer Selection From Partner Ordering Base
Vice President, Worldwide A&CSystems And Business Processes