By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jun 26, 2015
Oracle is pleased to announce that Oracle CRM On Demand Release 29 is Generally Available as of June 26, 2015. Please monitor the Service Information link within the application for specific details on your Release 29 deployment dates.
Oracle CRM On Demand is part of Oracle's long-term commitment strategy and the product roadmap proves our investment. Oracle CRM On Demand is also supported by our Applications Unlimited Lifetime Support Policy, which can be found on the Oracle Support Site.
Oracle CRM On Demand Release 29 includes some exciting new features:
- Usability remains a key theme for CRM On Demand and Release 29 brings many enhancements to streamline the user experience. The user interface has been updated as part of our Modern UI efforts to increase user adoption.
- New Record Layouts offer a streamlined form when creating new records. Rather than intimidate a user by presenting a full screen to be filled out, New Record Layouts contain only essential fields. Users are more likely to fill out forms more frequently with fewer fields to populate.
- Enhanced Keyword Search improves search capability by offering case-insensitive, fuzzy-like searching. Searches will return records with common spelling and roots, special characters, and even matches with words in a different order.
- Display Alert Message as a Popup Window at Login will enable users to see a message when they login, keeping them informed about important information such as special offers, system updates or corporate news. Alerts can be limited to a specific time window so there is no need to remember to deactivate them.
- Custom Icons can now be uploaded into CRM On Demand, allowing for further branding and personalization of the system.
- Mobility enhancements with Release 29 have continued to evolve the mobile experience. This includes adding features to CRM On Demand Connected Mobile Sales and adding features to support the mobile user.
- Connected Mobile Sales has been updated with configurable modern icons and a powerful new feature to automatically populate follow up appointments. Users can schedule their next meeting with a single tap.
- Hardware Based Themes will automatically detect if a user is accessing CRM On Demand from a tablet and display the theme of choice. The modern theme is presented for a tablet and the classic theme for a PC.
- Calendar enhancements make it easier than ever to leverage the CRM On Demand Calendar intuitively and seamlessly with other devices.
- Need to move a meeting? Just drag and drop the meeting to its new time. There’s no need to open up and edit the appointment.
- See what you’re up to at a glance with color coded appointments; each type of appointment can have a different color, calling out customer meetings from internal calls at a glance. Coupled with more detail on the Appointment itself, view the Account, Contact and Phone Number from the calendar, without needing to view the appointment details page.
- If Monday to Friday is not your standard work week, you can set the start day of the week to suit your preference.
- Configurability and Extensibility has improved with each release of CRM On Demand.
- Web Services are used to retrieve a list of reports in CRM On Demand and enable the ability to access Dynamic Page Layouts. This improves integration options and makes migration from one environment to another much easier.
- Workflow on User Object has been added, enabling for follow up tasks, field updates and notifications to be issued when changes are made to a user profile, such as a change in role or data visibility.
- Analytics coverage for optimized custom fields across Activities, Contacts, Opportunities and Service Requests support improved reporting.
For additional details on the new features in Oracle CRM On Demand Release 29, please review the Transfer of Information (TOI) recordings available on My Oracle Support (support.oracle.com).
Our next few releases of Oracle CRM On Demand will continue to focus on new enhancements in Usability and Mobility.
These resources enable customers and partners to maximize the value of Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace enables customers to browse and review partner applications that enhance Oracle CRM On Demand.
- Customer Advisory Boards consist of industry-leading customers and Oracle product managers. These Boards provide an opportunity to collect customer feedback and can influence future strategy and roadmap.
- The Oracle CRM On Demand User Group is managed fully by customers. Their mandate is to work with Oracle Product Management to help influence product strategy.
- Communities can be accessed from My Oracle Support and are used to collaborate with peers and Oracle CRM On Demand experts.