Wednesday Feb 04, 2015
UK Special: Marketing, Sales, Service and Social In the Cloud - London, United Kingdom - April 30, 2015
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Feb 04, 2015
Cloud, social, mobile, and big data are transforming how business gets done. Attend Oracle CloudWorld in a city near you to explore modern business strategies and practices.
Marketing, Sales, Service and Social In the Cloud - London, United Kingdom - April 30, 2015 - Register your interest
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
The Oracle team is pleased to invite you to a 4-day hands-on workshop on Extending Oracle Sales Cloud with Oracle Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Oracle will organize two 4-days Workshops between March – June 2015. We invite you to join the workshop InClass or Remotely (avoid travel time and travel costs by joining remotely). These Invite-Only hands-on workshops will be delivered by Oracle Development at No-Fee to Partners.
Workshop training dates:
- 23rd- 26th March, 2015. Location: Reading (TVP), UK. Remote participation is possible.
- 14th- 17th June, 2015. Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Remote participation is possible.
A workshop consists of live presentations, live demos, and hands-on laboratory exercises. Objective is to help delivery consultants understand How to Extend Oracle Sales Cloud using Oracle Platform as a Service.
IMPORTANT: These workshops are available to selected Oracle Partners with a current OPN Gold Level or higher membership. A fully executed Oracle Cloud Services Training Addendum is required for this workshop. If your company has not previously accepted this addendum, please click here to review and accept the terms and conditions. You should be authorized by your company to accept the legal addendum.
- Overview of Oracle Sales Cloud Extendibility
- Introduction to Oracle Sales Cloud Tooling
- Overview of Oracle Sales Cloud Data Model
- Introduction to Oracle Sales Cloud WebService Interface
- Real World WebService Queries and Best practices
- Generating Secure WebService Clients
- Overview of Oracle PaaS
- Introduction to Oracle BI Cloud
- Introduction to Oracle Document Cloud
- Introduction to Oracle Developer Cloud Service
- Introduction to Oracle Messaging Cloud Service
- Oracle PaaS extending Oracle SaaS Design Patterns
- Introduction to Oracle ADF
- Using the REST Accelerator and generating custom REST Services
- Building Secure Integrations
- Introduction to Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF)
- Introduction to Oracle PaaS/SaaS Accelerators
Workshop Training Format
Approximately 3 hours of live presentation and Q&A daily. Participants will independently work on laboratory activities after the 3-hour live presentation. You will also have access to a forum where you will be able to post questions. We are monitoring this forum to ensure that you will get prompt assistance as you independently work on assigned laboratory work in the afternoon.
Solution Developers, Enterprise Architects, Technology Consultants, Integration Consultants
is expected to know the following before attending the training
- Knowledge of J2EE concepts such as WebServices, Web Applications
- Basic knowledge of the Java Programming language
- Basic knowledge of Oracle Sales Cloud functional objects, such as Opportunities, Customers, Custom Objects etc
Introduction Series Videos (MOS ID 1482685.1) (requires My Oracle Support login)
· Fusion CRM: Creating a Custom Object Series (requires OTN login)
· Fusion CRM: Creating a Child Object in Application Composer Series (requires OTN login)
This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptop and smartphone or
tablet. Check registration page for System Requirements details
Please send the list of participants to your Oracle A&C contact sooner the better. A confirmation email alert will be sent to registrants upon approval. Please provide the following information: Workshop, Workshop date, Partner Company, Participant's name, Participant's Corporate Email.
Sunday Feb 01, 2015
Oracle Voice Brings a Mobile, Speech-Enabled Virtual Assistant to the Oracle Sales Cloud in Release 9 on Smart Phones
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Feb 01, 2015
Sales Reps now have a fast, friendly and fun way to talk to the Cloud
Redwood Shores, Calif—Jan 15, 2015
A Sales system is only as good as the sales data it holds, and most of this data comes from field sales representatives who are expected to enter it on their laptops and desktops. But typical reps spend 32% of their time traveling and waiting for meetings. During these times, the only device available may be a smart phone. No surprise then that current sales data may be delayed getting into sales systems, impacting sales leaders' visibility into sales activity.
Release 9 of the Oracle Sales Cloud brings Oracle Voice (officially "Oracle Fusion Voice Cloud Service for the Oracle Sales Cloud"), a speech-enabled virtual assistant that lets sales reps speak directly to the Oracle Sales Cloud on their smartphones. Oracle Voice represents Oracle's ongoing commitment to bringing the best user experiences to the Oracle Applications Cloud. It's a fast, friendly and fun way for reps to view their work, so they walk into meetings prepared. Walking out of meetings, they are able to quickly create Notes, Activities and Contacts, and update Opportunities while the information is still fresh in their minds. With increased usage, everyone benefits from current sales data, improved visibility from sales activities, and better sales decisions.
- Oracle first delivered voice user experiences in Oracle Fusion Mobile Expenses on the smartphone, and found such a great reception we decided to pursue other areas where it benefits the user.
- The next most meaningful group of users were sales representatives, whose primary device is often the smart phone and whose primary job is talking.
- Instead of relying on slow typing on a smart phone, sales reps can enter information three times faster by speaking to the Oracle Sales Cloud through Oracle Voice – a key user experience improvement. Since details are precisely captured and follow-ups are quicker, deals are closed faster and more efficiently.
- Oracle Voice focuses on letting field sales reps quickly accomplish a few key tasks that are frequent yet time-critical: creating and viewing Notes, Tasks, Appointments, Contacts and also editing and viewing Opportunities. For example, one-command access to Opportunity details and notes lets them walk into meetings better-prepared. Capturing sales information through notes and activities right after a meeting retains important details in the system that would otherwise be forgotten.
- Oracle Voice allows users to switch between voice, touch, and typing as needed.
- Users don't need any training to navigate and interact with Oracle Voice; they can simply tap and speak in a command. Oracle Voice takes them through a natural, conversational dialog to help them view or capture sales data in real-time.
- The Oracle Applications Cloud, in this case, the Oracle Sales Cloud Release 9, provides a unique capability to deliver innovative user experiences, leveraging Nuance's automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech conversion.
- Oracle Voice is currently only available in North America with support for US English.
- In a recent study, 80% of Oracle field sales reps testing Oracle Voice said the product exceeded their expectations for productivity and ease of use.
- "Oracle's own sales organization was involved in developing Oracle Voice for the Oracle Sales Cloud. We wanted to be sure that the user experience is seamless, works well on mobile devices, and is easy for all sales reps to use," said Kate Fitzgerald, Group Vice President, Oracle Sales Automation.
- "It understands me better than similar speech-enabled assistants do," said Andrew Dunleavy, Sales Representative, Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- "Busy sales people on the go need to very quickly and effectively interact with their enterprise systems. With Oracle's enterprise experience, and Nuance's natural language processing, we have made it as simple as using their voice," said Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience.
- "Mobile smart phones and tablets are quickly becoming the leading devices for interacting with enterprise applications, and Oracle has led the way through our broad set of mobile apps. Working with Nuance, we are also leading the way in using speech interfaces to make it easier and more natural to interact with enterprise solutions," said Alan Fothergill, Vice President, Oracle Applications Development
- Looking for a fun, speech-enabled virtual assistant for your sales team? Try Oracle Voice!
- Want to create a task quickly after a meeting? Talk to Oracle Voice as you would in a natural spoken conversation!
- Want to create an appointment quickly after a meeting? Talk to Oracle Voice as you would in a natural spoken conversation.
- Getting ready for a sales meeting? Just tap on the microphone button and say the name of the Opportunity to bring up details.
New Oracle Service Cloud release enables organizations to better understand the Customer Journey and drive Service Collaboration
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Feb 01, 2015
Oracle Service Cloud Enables Organizations to Better Understand the Customer Journey and Drive Service Collaboration - Latest release delivers new features for more-connected customer engagements and improved service experiences
As expectations for enhanced customer experiences grow, service teams need to focus on engaging and retaining consumers, empowering employees, and adapting quickly. The latest release of Oracle Service Cloud helps organizations meet these challenges, and offers tools that enable agents to better understand their customer’s needs and rapidly resolve cases to deliver an outstanding experience.
The latest Oracle Service Cloud release features:
- Building on its commitment to help organizations deliver successful customer experiences, Oracle has updated Oracle Service Cloud with capabilities such as skills-based routing, visitor browser history, and better social monitoring. New tools to empower rapid resolution through collaboration, enhanced cobrowsing, and policy automation help service teams better understand the customer journey.
- Following Oracle’s acquisition of LiveLOOK, this latest release tightly integrates the enhanced Oracle Co-browse feature within Oracle Service Cloud.
- Oracle Service Cloud combines web, social, and contact center experiences for a unified, cross-channel service solution that enables organizations to increase sales and adoption, build trust and strengthen relationships, and reduce costs and effort.
- Part of the Oracle Customer Experience Cloud portfolio of applications, Oracle Service Cloud easily integrates with Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Social Cloud, and Oracle Commerce to provide a 360-degree view of the customer journey.
Better Understand the Customer Experience
Oracle Service Cloud helps organizations better understand the customer experience with:
- Skills-based routing: This capability helps match a specific inquiry with the best-available agent. Organizations can provide a differentiated quality of service based on customer value or other segment attributes, solve inquiries more quickly, and improve overall productivity.
- Visitor browser history: When consumers escalate from self-service to assisted service, visitor browser history empowers chat agents to locate recently viewed web pages and gain immediate insight into the actions that led to the customer’s need for help. This results in increased customer satisfaction and cost savings through reduced average handling time.
- Oracle Social Cloud: Broad social monitoring and powerful analytics help organizations better understand when to proactively engage their customers in social networks outside of their control. Oracle Social Cloud can seamlessly escalate social posts to Oracle Service Cloud, where a suite of service engagement tools can be leveraged for an effective response. Subsequent customer replies are automatically threaded with the original, which can trigger an Oracle Service Cloud action. This results in early identification of trends, improved customer satisfaction, and the elimination of costly cross-department friction.
Drive Service Collaboration and Rapid Response with Oracle Service Cloud
- Oracle Co-browse: The updated Oracle Service Cloud more tightly integrates this feature, allowing customers to share their screen with an agent immediately in instant mode—no download required. This improves first-contact resolution rates and enables faster voice and chat interactions.
- Service collaboration: Fully integrated capabilities enable agents to harness expertise from across the organization via conversation threads and document sharing. Facilitated directly through the agent console or mobile devices, this collaboration drives faster and more complete case resolution.
- Policy automation: For organizations with many or frequently changing procedures, policy automation in the cloud delivers dynamic interviews to both agents and customers to immediately determine eligibility. This latest release includes enhancements to the interview experience, as well as modeling productivity improvements such as collaborative modeling and industry-specific sample projects to accelerate implementations.
“We are committed to helping modern customer service organizations drive service efficiency and effectiveness as well as improve customer acquisition and retention,” said Stephen Fioretti, vice president, Product Management, Oracle Service Cloud. “With the latest release of Oracle Service Cloud, we continue to deliver rapid innovation for our customers. The new features and capabilities will help companies better understand and serve their customers with service collaboration, optimized case routing, and improved agent productivity.”
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Feb 01, 2015
Organizations all over the world are modernizing customer experiences by delivering service, lowering costs, and providing strategic value to the business with the help of Oracle Service Cloud #CX http://ora.cl/fRN
Thursday Jan 29, 2015
Save the Date: Oracle Digital Transformation EMEA Partner Community Launch Summit - Budapest, April 28-29
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 29, 2015
Digital Disruption: Adj. dig·it·al dis·rup·tion dij-i-tl dis-ruhp-sh?n - Change that occurs as new digital technologies or business models affect the value proposition of existing goods, services and markets
Be part of the Digital Disruption wave that is prevalent in all our partners and customers discussions today. Join us in Budapest to understand what Oracle’s Digital proposition is and how the Digital Business Platform can help change Oracle’s opportunity within your partners go to market proposition.
This will be a great opportunity to understand the value of the complete Oracle Digital Business Platform that leverages our IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions.
This will be the first Digital Transformation EMEA Partner Community Summit and is a must attend summit if you:
- are a partner that wants to understand how to be successful leveraging Oracle’s complete Digital Business Platform solutions
- are a partner with a Digital go-to-market practice
- want to know more about Oracle’s complete Digital Business platform
The goal of this summit will be to give our Digital Agency partners, Global / regional SI’s and regional solution partners the opportunity of understanding:
- Oracle’s Digital Business Platform
- How you can leverage it
- Sales plays
- Available Oracle assets
Oracle executives driving the different product areas will share their insight on new products and market trends, and will be available for one-on-one meetings to discuss go-to-market plans and sales opportunities.
Budapest, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, will be the perfect location to start on your Oracle Digital journey with Oracle's Digital Partner Community launch summit. Detailed venue and hotel booking information will be sent to you shortly.
Date & Location: 28th – 29th April 2015, Budapest, Hungary
Don't miss out on attending this key Oracle Digital Disruptive launch event! Save the date now: 28th – 29th April 2015 and watch out for your formal invitation coming soon.
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 29, 2015
The Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud product Boot camp is designed to enable new and existing partners with the product knowledge and training required to provide implementation services with the product knowledge, and strategies to help facilitate successful implementations.
What we cover:
The Oracle BigMachines CPQ cloud
Implementation Boot Camp was created to enable partners with the implementation
tools and knowledge required to implement and manage the solution for their
clients with an advanced level of understanding of the application, its
features and market preparedness. The course will cover a wide range of topics
to give each student a basis of understanding of the product. Each student will
learn the key points in each topic area, and will learn how the product should
be set-up, configured, and implemented in various different situations.
By the end of the boot camp each student should be able to implement and manage a CPQ implementation project in many different markets and scenarios. Each student will complete the course with a level of understanding which will prepare them to take the Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Essentials 2015 certification in the near future.
Event Details: 2nd - 6th March, 2015 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Location: The Penta Hotel, Oxford Road, Reading, RG1 7RH, United Kingdom
IMPORTANT: please note that
only partners with either an ongoing CPQ Cloud project or a short term pipeline
will be accepted to the training. If you have any doubt, please contact email@example.com
For the Agenda and more details on the requirements please visit the registration page here
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 29, 2015
One of the charters of the Oracle Applications User Experience team is to explore emerging technology and possible enterprise use cases and quickly turn that into product. Oracle Voice, for sales reps who use the Oracle Sales Cloud, is a great example of that.
In October 2013, the UX team tested a prototype of Oracle Voice on Oracle sales reps at Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco and gathered feedback to build a solid product. It became available to you and your customers on iTunes in June 2014.
Oracle Voice allows sales reps to efficiently retrieve and capture sales information before and after meetings. Research shows that we tend to forget what we just learned if we don’t write it down within 20 minutes. With Oracle Voice, sales reps using Oracle Sales Cloud can capture key account information by speaking rather than typing.
Get up to speed on Oracle Voice so you can talk to your customers about it. It’s important that they hear about our innovations and our nimble development from you.
- See what you can do with Oracle Voice in this post from the Voice of User Experience blog.
- Read the Oracle Voice press release.
- Check out a YouTube playlist of Voice demos that are being built for different devices, such as Android, and for employees in the HCM realm.
Oracle Voice is just the beginning of the dramatic technologies coming from the Oracle AppsLab. We’re exploring wearables, augmented reality, beacons, and much more—and building applications that enhance the user experience of Oracle Applications using these emerging technologies.
Misha Vaughn (Oracle UX Team)
Wednesday Jan 28, 2015
Monday Jan 26, 2015
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 26, 2015
We are pleased to introduce a new member to the Oracle PartnerNetwork CX community : The Walpole Partnership are specialists in Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud implementations.
Based in the UK, their customer base and partnerships cover Europe, the Middle East and India, and the company has a global reach. All consultants have a strong background in enterprise level CPQ - either with global clients, or with local one's - from working for BigMachines.
Services range from full end-to-end implementations to expert CPQ resources that can enhance a client or partners project team. They can support all phases of a project from pre-sales engagement, business analysis and system design as well as technical development and advanced customisation.
The Walpole Partnership also provide Oracle CPQ Cloud Yellow Belt and Blue Belt training courses via Oracle University.
To get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)208 123 9966 or +44 (0)7974 149362
Saturday Jan 24, 2015
Friday Jan 23, 2015
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 23, 2015
Sales organizations, beware- Today’s customers are more informed than ever and have no patience for salespeople telling them what they likely already know or how great your products are.
Read this article by Jeb Dasteel (Oracle SVP and Chief Customer Officer) and Amir Hartman
By Richard Lefebvre-Oracle on Jan 23, 2015
With TrueView visual you can optimize cobrowsing on web and mobile: http://ora.cl/0R1
- Oracle Service Cloud February 2015 Release is Generally Available!
- Customer Concepts on Predictive Analytics, Intelligence and Big Data vs. Sales
- Optimize Sales Processes with Oracle
- “Why Oracle Thinks It’s a Lead Horse in Digital Marketing”
- Relationship Advice for Marketers via Oracle Marketing Cloud
- VIDEO: Oracle President Thomas Kurian on Marketing & CX
- Your Service Opportunity - a new collection of Vidlets by Oracle
- Modern Commerce, Higher ROI: It’s All About Experience
- Supercharge Your Sales with Oracle CPQ
- Oracle is quietly becoming a cloud giant (Network World article)