By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Jun 07, 2016
I guess by now you have already downloaded your own copy of Data Visualisation Desktop (DVD) – having seen my recent post @ New in May 2016 Data Visualisation Desktop.
If you now have some customers who wish to buy it, I just wanted to clarify for you the Oracle Data Visualisation License Pricing:
- On premise, customers can buy ONE (1) Named User License, or more, for Data Visualisation.
- You do not need any other product with DVD – it can access most data and cloud sources (e.g. OBI is not required, nor is Oracle DB – although DVD obviously works well with these).
- The Oracle Data Visualisation License fee is $1250 per named user (minimum lowered to 1), and for this, customers receive both DV for OBI12c and Data Visualisation Desktop (DVD) – the price list can be downloaded @ US Oracle Technology Commercial Price List (PDF)
- When OBI12c and DV are licensed by processor, customers get 80 licenses of DVD per processor, again at no extra charge.
- DVD is packaged at no extra cost with DVCS and BICS, so customers who subscribe to those services receive a matching number of DVD licenses at no extra charge.